Windows 7 Home Premium OEM

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by betam4x, Jul 8, 2015.

1. betam4x

betam4x MDL Novice

Aug 20, 2009
    I have a dell laptop I am working on for a friend with a completely hosed Windows 7 Home Premium OEM install. Does anyone know where I can get an OEM Windows ISO for it?

2. Durga

Durga MDL Junior Member

Jun 26, 2015
    Hi betam4x,

I'm not an expert but you may not need to an OEM install of Windows 7 Home Premium. At this point in time I don't have enough posts on this forum to be allowed to include links in my posts but search for the following threads and read them. From reading them you see how to get a Windows 7 Home Premium install ISO (though you won't actually need one - just download a Win 7 Ultimate ISO and turn it into a 'universal' install ISO and you can install Home Premium from it).

Threads to search for:
    (1) "Windows 7 SP1 Media Refresh - Torrent Download Links"
    (This thread is a sticky at the top of the Windows 7 forum so it will be easy for you to find.)

(2) "How to Get a Legal Install of Win7 Pro on an OEM Machine?"
    (This thread will give you insight into how to deal with a fresh install of Windows 7 to a machine that previously had a OEM install of Windows 7 on it.)

(3) "Cleaning out my Win 7 ISOs downloaded over a while"
    (This thread will give you insight into how to produce a 'universal' install disk for Windows 7 using the ei.cfg Removal Utility.)

Hope this helps.