windows 7 image backup trouble

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by carpboy, Feb 19, 2011.

1. carpboy

carpboy MDL Junior Member

Aug 5, 2010
    #1 carpboy, Feb 19, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2011
    hi trying to make a image backup of install drive but keep getting error about 1hour into it i/o device error (0x8007045d) on windows 7 backup any ideas?could it be loader?

2. carpboy

Aug 5, 2010
    tryed that still get error on back up

3. Reign_Of_Freedom

Reign_Of_Freedom MDL Expert

Aug 1, 2009
    Try this i can NOT guarantee you it will work but first make sure your devices are all updated with latest firmware then do :

Goto computer properties | Advanced system settings | System protection tab. Uncheck all drives, hit apply. This will turn of shadow copies and clear them. Reenable the drives, hit apply. Since you just cleared them all you may also want to hit the create button to repopulate at least one. [FONT=Times New Roman, Times, Serif]Run the backup again.
    [/FONT]

4. carpboy

Aug 5, 2010
    tryed that still no good fails about 1 hour into it/tryed Acronis True Image Home 2011 still same / no errors on drives

5. zahnoo

zahnoo MDL Senior Member

Feb 2, 2011
    Are you by chance trying to put the image on optical disks? After trying for hours with little success I finally gave up and now put my System Images on internal and external hard drives ... not the C: drive of course. I'm creating system images on five machines and have never had a failure of any kind when the taget drive is an HDD. With ANY type of DVD I basically never had a success and wasted a dozen disks. I tend to be a little too stubborn according to my wife.

From searching the internet, I've since discovered many, many people are having my same problem with creating an image on optical disks.

I also have Acronis True Image 2010 and have successfully created system images with it. But given the extreme success I've had with 7's built-in system imaging (creating and restoring) I've used only 7's for the last several months.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...