Windows 7 - Installation design.

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by MaouKami, Nov 8, 2014.

1. MaouKami

MaouKami MDL Novice

Sep 21, 2014
    Hey guys,

I was wondering if there was also a tool that replaces the windows setup itself.
    There seem to be methods to install directly from a wim to usb or to harddrive etc,

But i still want to just boot up from iso or mostly from network.
    But then with a custom installation screen, i assume it might even be faster then the current installation that windows uses.
    More so for vista where it often just hangs at different parts like pressing accept.

There are so many tools to customize windows itself like integrating updates etc.
    But i can't find one to actually customize/replace the setup itself.

Thanks in advance :).

2. cocachris89

cocachris89 MDL Senior Member

Mar 1, 2013
    Check my signaure

3. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
  4. alicepattinson

alicepattinson MDL Member

Jan 29, 2013
    i also want to ask this. thanks for asking it 1st. up for answers :)

5. MaouKami

MaouKami MDL Novice

Sep 21, 2014
    @cocachris89
    I don't mean unattended setup, as i do plan to enter username and license etc myself.

@Tito
    I tried WinNTSetup, but it seems to be a install application itself to install to a hdd, usb, etc.
    But not generate a new setup/install as i plan to install mostly from a server PXE this would not work.

@alicepattinson
    Yeah been looking for a while, but i have a feeling i am simply using wrong search terms.

@All
    I can for example, place the install.wim of vista to windows 7 iso, or windows 7 to windows 8 and it will work.
    But yeah the logo's would display the version of the setup aka if i use windows 7 install.wim on the windows 8 install it will display windows 8.
    So instead of using a install/setup of a different windows version, i want a full custom or replacement for it.

6. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
  7. MaouKami

MaouKami MDL Novice

Sep 21, 2014
    Tito,
    Reading your steps this might indeed be what i am looking for, already using serva, for installing over network.
    When i get back later today, i will be reading everything and post how it went :).

Thanks a ton.