Windows 7 Installation DVD Editor

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Biscrok, Mar 22, 2012.

1. Biscrok

Biscrok MDL Novice

Mar 22, 2012
    Hey.

What program do I need to edit my Windows 7 installation DVD???

Etc remove Windows Media Player, Internet Explorer and add some other programs.

2. nanosani

nanosani MDL Novice

Apr 9, 2010
    I used WinRAR to edit the ISO image of Windows 8. You can use it for editing Windows 7 DVD ..

3. HALIKUS

HALIKUS MDL Addicted

Jul 29, 2009
    As you seem to be a novice at this, so i suggest R7lite. If you are more advanced than i give you credit for, then DISM. But you would already know that, so i suggest R7lite. There are some good tools on this site too if you read more, which i would, if you are attempting to modify something as important and complex as an OS.

I would google "remove Windows Media Player from win7". But if you were smart, you would just use the "N" edition without media player or IE. But thats just me.

4. Biscrok

Biscrok MDL Novice

Mar 22, 2012
    Thanks HALIKUS.

R7lite was that i looking for.

5. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    @ HALIKUS, Using the N edition would be ok if we had OEM:SLP keys.

@ nanosani, winrar is about the worst program you could use to edit iso files even then no good for removing programs from wim files.

@ Biscrok, hardly worth all the time and effort to remove them you can go to control panel add remove programs and you will see turn windoows features on and off in that part you can turn of internet explored and in media section you can turn off media player, windows dvd player and windows media centre if you like.

6. dareckibmw

dareckibmw MDL Expert

Jun 16, 2009
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...