Windows 7 Installation problem (load driver)

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by HELLY, Dec 12, 2009.

1. HELLY

HELLY MDL Novice

Apr 10, 2009
    #1 HELLY, Dec 12, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2009
    [SOLVED] Windows 7 Installation problem (load driver)

Howdy,

I try to install windows 7 on my desktop(Dutch version). There should be nothing wrong with my DVD. Cause i used the same disk to install it on my laptop wich has been running without any problems.

First of all my setup:

ASUS P5ND2 SLI-DELUXE motherboard
    4GB of ram
    8800GT
    SATA HDD
    IDE DVDROM drive.

What is the issue:
    When i boot up with the DVD everything goes fine (language selection etc,..)
    Till the moment normally the setup goes into the selection of harddrives (this is also the time windows 7 checks all the internal mobo connected devices such as DVD rom drive).
    Here it is the things get tricky. Suddenly i get this error as show in exibit 1:

"Load Driver. A required CD/DVD drive device driver is missing. If you have a driver floppy disk, CD, DVD, or USB flash drive, please insert it now. Note: If the Windows installation media is in de CD/DVD drive, you can safely remove it for this step."

Picture can be requested

What did i try allready:
    Download the drivers for RAID/SATA/IDE and tried them... when i use the IDE ones the setup says no device found to install these drivers to..

Im getting really desperate and frustrated. My laptop has worked fine without problems so. Any help or advice would be verry much appreciated.

PS: sorry for my bad english.

2. tgord19

tgord19 MDL Novice

Sep 22, 2009
    aa

are you useing 32 bit (86) or 64 bit

3. HELLY

HELLY MDL Novice

Apr 10, 2009

32bit version of windows 7

4. bub

bub MDL Novice

Sep 20, 2009
    Maybe this will help you

Change BIOS boot order The most successful fix for this issue is to set the optical (DVD) drive as the first boot device in the BIOS. To do this, first enter BIOS mode as follows:

Enter your system’s BIOS mode. This is accomplished by pressing a specific key repeatedly as soon as your computer is turned on (or right after it is restarted). For many computers, the key is F8, but it may be F1, F2, F10, the Delete (del) key or the Escape (ESC) key. Consult your computer or motherboard’s manual or try different keys until you find the right one.

Find the screen or option for changing the boot order. Follow the instructions for changing the boot order. This is sometimes accomplished by using the + or – buttons.

Update ITE ATA driver Failing the above, try booting back into Windows Vista or XP. Launch Windows Update and install the ITE ATA driver update before attempting the upgrade. The upgrade advisor may not find this driver.

Switch from SATA to AHCI Follow the aforementioned instructions for booting into your computer’s BIOS, then check your HDD or storage settings. Turn off SATA, switching to AHCI, and reboot normally, then re-attempt installation of Windows 7.

5. HELLY

HELLY MDL Novice

Apr 10, 2009
    tried it all. Windows Vista said i had the latest drivers...

Redownloading my image again to reburn it on another disc... as my other one was burned with a laptop DVD drive... will check it out ..

This is just to ridicoulious for me :x

6. bub

bub MDL Novice

Sep 20, 2009
    #6 bub, Dec 13, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2017
  7. HELLY

HELLY MDL Novice

Apr 10, 2009
    #7 HELLY, Dec 13, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2017
    (OP)
  8. HELLY

HELLY MDL Novice

Apr 10, 2009
    oke i burned a new image (OEM version) with the IDE drive inquestion....

Now the setup stalls at the beginning (white loading cube)

0X00000e9 Error
    I/O Faulty hard drive / or DVD ...

thinking about installing XP all over again :s

Gonna try and to the USBPENDRIVE methode 2morrow... as i dont have a USBPEN higher then 2GB at the moment ... other one is still at work ..

9. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    OK peeps are saying various things if you can download the sata drivers put them onto USB thumbdrive, try your install and when needed windows 7 wil get them from the thumb drive. have you actually tried in bios seting sata to boot as IDE.

10. HELLY

HELLY MDL Novice

Apr 10, 2009
    yes i did.

But i got workaround and it works now.

Fresh install of vista ultimate -> upgrade -> Windows 7 ultimate and delete windows.old folder.

as for now its only a temp solution.