Windows 7 issues

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by nacker, Dec 26, 2009.

1. nacker

nacker MDL Novice

Dec 26, 2009
    Ok. Not sure if this is the right place. I have a self built PC from 5 years ago. I recently installed windows 7 ultimate. I am able to work on the PC fine but my onboard sound, PCI slots and most other items attached to my motherboard are not able to be ran or allowing me to install drivers. I am assuming that my Soyo Dragon Motherboard does not have the drivers installed. The cd that I have does not work. any suggestions or if anyone can point me in the right direction that would be appriciated

2. sml156

sml156 MDL Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Got some bad news for ya dude

Soyo Group filed for Chapter 7 bankruptcy with the United States District Court for the Central District of California, Riverside Division (case number 09-19355-RN), and ceased operations on May 5, 2009.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. jupier2k

jupier2k MDL Member

Jan 20, 2009
    If its 32 bit perhaps try Vista driver and msot likely it will work, some Xp driver could also work ? I have an old MB for my son install this way. If you don't have any of the XP/vista driver .. you are out of luck !

4. Whiznot

Whiznot MDL Member

Nov 5, 2009
    If you can identify your chipset, vga and other devices you will have a starting place to search for compatible drivers.

5. sml156

sml156 MDL Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Have you tried going into device manager and try to update drivers from there

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. nacker

nacker MDL Novice

Dec 26, 2009
    iGHT. well thanks guys. I'll do some searching if not ill upgrade my mother board and go from there

7. ibeqa

ibeqa MDL Member

Sep 14, 2009
    The easiest thing to do is to get Everest (search MDL), it will give all the information you need. Then you'll know where to search for drivers.

Cheers

8. pauldamo

pauldamo MDL Senior Member

Aug 3, 2009
    win 7 issues

i was given an old laptop for my boy,installed 'drivermax' and it found,downloaded and installed latest drivers for me,its free to use,you can only download 2 drivers each day with the free one.