Windows 7 + iTunes Problem

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by TONPumper, Feb 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TONPumper

TONPumper MDL Member

Jan 2, 2011
    When I upgraded my friend's computer from Vista to 7, it told me to deauthorize their iPod before continuing. Think I could just deauthorize it after the installation, I ignored it and continued. Not knowing that the installation would take three hours, I didn't get a chance to do anything else as my friend was late for an appointment. Now my friend claims that iTunes won't update. They're coming up to visit me on Wednesday and they're bringing their computer so that I can look at it. What should I do about this dilemma? Is there a way to completely uninstall all traces of iTunes?

2. Kouryu

Kouryu MDL Senior Member

Jan 19, 2011
    Try downloading a newer version from Apple and install on top of it?

3. PhaseDoubt

PhaseDoubt MDL Expert

Dec 24, 2011
    If all else fails, download Windows 7 via a link supplied by this site, wipe the drive (backup your friend's data first) and do a fresh install of Windows 7. If your upgrade key won't work, use Daz's loader also found on this site. Uninstalling iTunes old program, and scrubbing the registry too, should fix the problem. But truthfully, there's no substitute for a clean install.

4. roirraW "edor" ehT

roirraW "edor" ehT MDL Addicted

Sep 1, 2007
    Why are we resurrecting a thread from February? :D

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...