windows 7 media player

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by cooljay_4, Jan 27, 2010.

1. cooljay_4

cooljay_4 MDL Member

Oct 10, 2009
    well i burned a normal wav CD in windows media player i went to play it in my CD player and the player in my car and it skips and jumps and stutters but if i do it with another burner its fine.
    does anyone else have the same trouble as this and can it be resolved??

thnx in advance

2. Veegertx

Veegertx MDL Junior Member

Jul 23, 2009
    windows media player ? go find Cheetah or something like that as a burner
    diff burners burn at diff speeds. certain players will only play at a certain speed like car is slower speed unless you have top end stuff.
    try slowing burn down to say like 2 or 4 and see if same results
    make sure disks support the speed you burn at

3. cooljay_4

cooljay_4 MDL Member

Oct 10, 2009
    yes windows media player i do use vso copytodvd for my audio cds normally but i want to get rid of all these programs to save space on my HD
    i do have a top end player in my car pioneer only brought it few days ago and my burn speed was 4x wich i always use
    and disks support 2x to 16x

4. Veegertx

Veegertx MDL Junior Member

Jul 23, 2009
    #4 Veegertx, Jan 27, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2010
    Media player has allways sucked to me far as audio quality
    You said you used a diff burner and was ok, that answers your ?
    EDIT in fact I removed all them Media mess features when I reinstalled yesterday and I use VLC media player

5. burfadel

burfadel MDL EXE>MSP/CAB

Aug 19, 2009
    For a start, you should use a wav files on a cd :) I think the pioneer's can actually play wav files, but the true audio cd format is different. The only files you'll see on a true audio cd in a computer is with an extension .cda and the files size will be minute as they're merely references. I'm not including the cd's that have special pc content on them, in which case an audio player see's the disk as an audio cd and the computer see's the extra content.

Most car CD players now play mp3's, wma's, some even do m4a's, so why not use one of those formats as you'll fit a lot more on one disk! Using a good encoder, settings, and bitrate mode you can get 'transparent' audio with quite small files. 'Transparent' audio means audioally identical, but not necessarily lossless. I have yet to see a realistic programme that uses the best settings, the latest codecs, and utilises an easy to use interface. By realistic I mean not code inefficent programmes and or those that cost a lot of money for something overly simplistic. Good free frontends and usually configurable though and you can add the latest codecs yourself.

The last issue is, the latest headunits have USB slots on them, why not utilise that? Ideally either get an extremely short USB stick or use a low profile USB extension cable and plug it in the end of that. Least you don't have to worry about burning disks everytime you want a change in music (simply delete and copy over new files) :)

All just different options but things to consider!

6. cooljay_4

cooljay_4 MDL Member

Oct 10, 2009
    thank you very much for your lengthy reply burfadel very informative even though my CD player in my car is the best one i forgot to mention i does not support mp3 as i didnt want this was just a mistake on my part so it cost me 50 quid but it a top end just normal cd player has no usb slot on the front but it does have like a little aux slot thing :S
    before i had this pioneer one i just used to put it on mem stick was lots easier now iam stuck :(