windows 7 n product key

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by bexley, Nov 7, 2009.

1. bexley

bexley MDL Novice

Nov 1, 2009
    Hi, i've installed ultimate N but i'm finding that the ultimate oem keys are not working. i says that the key(s) wont work on this version.

i'm a bit of a noob with win7 so if anyone could point me in the right direction i would appreciate it.

2. Everilda

Everilda MDL Senior Member

Jun 28, 2009
    There are no keys for Ultimate N. You can either wait for a key (How long is unknown), install Ultimate (best option) of use 'Remove WAT' or' Chew-WGA' (these do not activate windows they just stop it whining about not being activated).

3. shakeyplace

shakeyplace MDL Addicted

May 5, 2007
    I really doubt you will ever see a slp key, it would require a major manufacturer to think there would be a large market for a pc with all the goodies MS has to offer but absolutely not want Media player? I would think that would be a very select market..

4. bexley

bexley MDL Novice

Nov 1, 2009
    #4 bexley, Nov 7, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2009
    (OP)
    yeah i guess i got carried away, someone posted it on a torrent site claiming you didnt need a product key and that it had a "cr**k" with it.

oh well, another reinstall here we come. starting to get bored with windows already.

might just stick with linux.

thanks for the replies all.

ps

how long will it last in an unactivated state? presumably it will time out and lock me out at some point?

5. racky29

racky29 MDL Senior Member

Aug 2, 2007
    instead of using a loader, what about using 'Remove WAT' or 'Chew wga'
    to keep the nags away for good, you wont need to get a key then

6. Everilda

Jun 28, 2009
    #6 Everilda, Nov 7, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2017
  7. Zeratul

Zeratul MDL Junior Member

Jun 20, 2009
    thats the only real option for him, as there are no keys that will activate win 7 n. (afaik)
    the keys in the loaders are for the normal win 7, so they wont work

8. LQQL

LQQL MDL Addicted

Apr 21, 2009
    Just install Windows 7 Ultimate xWHATSOEVER and uninstall all the crap you wanna have to be uninstalled using the "Turn Windows features on or off" option. That's more than the Win7 N

9. Everilda

Jun 28, 2009
    To be exact there are no OEM-SLP keys yet!!!!!

10. genuine555

genuine555 MDL Expert

Oct 3, 2009
    Best dl an iso here on mdl (on top of this section), with the correct hashes.

I thought it to be 30 days or something, till you get the nags.

11. BIOSNOIDEA

BIOSNOIDEA MDL Senior Member

Mar 8, 2009
    Just downloaded it. Thanks, looks good. VLC is also a video server. So to fully understand VLC is a different beast. BS Player pro is another one. Specially when internet connection is available to get subtitles automatic downloaded makes a good choice when the film is only in Norwegian. Ok, this is only an example of this.

12. bexley

bexley MDL Novice

Nov 1, 2009
  13. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    Come on guys i thought this thread was about windows 7 n version keys there are more than enough threads on here asking the differences between versions.

Any way hopefully an SLP key will appear same as for vista. but that did take a long time.

14. stuartjems

stuartjems MDL Novice

Nov 7, 2009
    I do not have much information about windows 7.
    I have visited the link and found much more information about Windows 7.How to install and how to boot up.

Thanks for sharing this information.I am gonna go to install Windows 7 in a short time.