Windows 7 Noise Static

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by HelpMe, Nov 7, 2009.

1. HelpMe

HelpMe MDL Junior Member

Jul 30, 2009
    Hi, i need some help here, i have the final version of windows 7 installed and i have the ASUS P5PE-VM Motherboard.
    My issue is every time i am moving my mouse around i am hearing noise static coming from the speakers, so for example just say i am surfing the net and i am trying to scroll through a page, i will hear all sorts of static on and off. I never had this issue before and it just started happening recently. I even did a fresh install yesterday to try and fix the issue, however, i still hear it on and off. Here are the applications i have installed. Also do you think if the video card is going bad it could be the cause of this static?

Installed programs

Adobe PS & Illustrator
    Firefox 3.5.5
    Java 6 version 17
    Sandboxie 3.41
    StrokeIt
    adobe flash player activex and plugin
    hashtab
    k-lite mega codec pack 5.4
    malwarebytes
    MS SQL server 2005 (don't have any idea how this got there)
    ms intellipoint 7
    ms office 2010
    ms security essentials
    silverlight
    virtualclonedrive
    windows live essentials, live sign in assistant, live sync and live upload tool
    media player plugin for firefox
    winrar
    VMWare

Now, i have had all these programs installed before and i have never had no noise static issues until recently. I am not sure if it was an update of an application or not, but i have been updating all these apps from time to time and never had any problems till now. Also i have installed SoundMax drivers before and even though it i got the message that the O.S didn't support the drivers they installed and worked fine for the last 2-3 months even during the beta stages and i have also updated the soundmax drivers through the windows update and all was fine till now. Any idea what could be wrong and any ways i could try to fix this? TIA. I have also checked for new asus drivers, however i did not see anything new for audio drivers.

2. gjole86

gjole86 MDL Novice

Sep 13, 2009
    i dont know what can cause this but i have similar things running on my PC too. i always hear static noise and all sorts of beeps when i use my headphones plugged in in front panel and running a USB device also on front panel. it makes imposible to watch a movie on headphones while its running from the USB flash drive. its probbably some hardware fault and have nothing to do with OS, apps or any software. it hapens when im running XP, 7, 3 linux versions ...

3. shakeyplace

shakeyplace MDL Addicted

May 5, 2007
    there were lots of reports of this wth various sound card drivers during the beta testing phase... I thought it would have been resolved but I guess not in every sound card. In short I suspect it is driver related...

4. secr9tos

secr9tos MDL Addicted

Jul 28, 2009
    update the sound driver?

5. santoshcoolhere

santoshcoolhere MDL Member

Jan 3, 2009
    me too having the same prblm..........updating the sound drivers will not work....ny ideas ????

6. shakeyplace

shakeyplace MDL Addicted

May 5, 2007
    look for different drivers, try Vista drivers, try XP drivers anf of course 7 drivers if you can find them..

7. HelpMe

HelpMe MDL Junior Member

Jul 30, 2009
    ok, i am using the latest soundmax driver update from the ms update center, however my system was working fine before with this driver installed for the last 2 or 3 months even during the beta stages and even though i got messages about it not being compatible with the o.s. The only thing i can recall updating last before this noise static issue started popping up was java 6 runtime 17 and updating to sandboxie 3.4.1. However i have had previous versions on my system for months as well and never had any of these noise static issues. As i said before do you think a dying or over heating video card can be the cause of the static noises? cause when i start to hear these noises the system sometimes starts to get graphical glitches and will then just BSOD on me.

gjole86: hey do you only hear noise distortion if you play sound without the headset?

8. gjole86

gjole86 MDL Novice

Sep 13, 2009
    HelpMe, i hear the noise only when use the front panel USB ports. if no USB devices - no noise at all