Windows 7 not genuine anymore

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by C47AM2, Apr 30, 2011.

1. C47AM2

C47AM2 MDL Novice

Apr 30, 2011
    Hi all,

I have a windows 7 x64 bit ultimate edition which I installed from the repository thread (ie the iso was from there).

When choosing the methods for validation, i went ahead with the BIOS mods, and flashed my bios with the custom one from this site and then ran the commands in the zip file which made the validation process complete.

i had read that it is very highly unlikely/never possible for such product keys to get blacklisted... however today i see that my windows is marked as not genuine.

anyone else has this problem ? (bios mod and windows got validated but not anymore)

thx and help is appreciated :worthy:

2. logger

logger MDL Novice

Mar 20, 2010
    Yes I have on three different machines. Seems microsoft have found ways to invalidate the BIOS modification method. As yet there has been no word on potential fixes.

Maybe this will prompt a reply.

Jarvil

3. C47AM2

C47AM2 MDL Novice

Apr 30, 2011
    #3 C47AM2, Apr 30, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2011
    (OP)
    Ive read elsewhere to go and reactivate using slmgr.vbs

so i re-installed the dell certificate and the product key and after slmgr.vbs -ato it gives me this error:

"...windows is running within the non-genuine notification period. run slui.exe to go online..."

i do that and validation fails.

if it try slmgr.vbs -xpr, it gives an error;

"windows is in notification mode"

Edit:
    i got the bios from post #3299 from the "All Slics 2.1 (Modded Bios List)" list