Windows 7 not loading after installing Graphics card

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by InHawks, Nov 24, 2013.

1. InHawks

InHawks MDL Novice

Oct 26, 2013
    I was dual booting Windows XP and Windows 7 without any problems. I was using slp method for xp and slic method for 7 to make them genuine. Since i had only 2 GB RAM, windows 7 was slow. So I bought and installed Gainward GF210 graphics card in the PCIe slot available in the motherboard. After that, booting into XP detected my new graphics card and I installed the drivers successfully. But windows 7 failed to start. It shows the starting windows logo and stops there. I tried booting into safe mode, but it stops at "loading classpnp.sys". I tried reinstalling windows 7, but the CD wont boot. If I change to my old onboard graphics, windows 7 boots fine.My system specs are as follows
    Motherboard - zebronics zeb945 with AMI BIOS
    RAM - Kingston 1GB + Corsair 1GB
    HD - WD 500 GB
    Graphics Card - Gainward GF 210

I tried a lot of googling but could not find a solution. I request somebody to help me please...........

2. chillgates

chillgates MDL Senior Member

Dec 15, 2010
    your mobo got 2 pcie slots. try a different one. set bios option to recognise pcie vga first. try latest version of windows 7.

3. InHawks

InHawks MDL Novice

Oct 26, 2013
    my mobo has only one pcie slot. the bios option is set as PEG/IGD. In fact i tried all possible combos available in Bios. I am using Windows 7 Home Premium SP1.

Please note that Windows XP and Debian is recognizing my graphics card and booting without any problems.

4. eteksen

eteksen MDL Novice

Nov 15, 2013
    If use Windows Loader activation please No activation (norestart final step)
    Windows 7 see desktop and run windows loader activation.

or

use different windows 7 dvd.

5. InHawks

InHawks MDL Novice

Oct 26, 2013
    Hi,
    No, I have modded the BIOS to add slic and then installed windows 7. It was booting fine on onboard graphics but not booting after installing graphics card

6. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    #6 urie, Nov 24, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2013
    Have you tried enable low resolution in safe mode advanced section.

also some more info

7. InHawks

InHawks MDL Novice

Oct 26, 2013
    Yes, I have tried enabling low resolution. But it stops at loading classpnp.sys. I tried uninstalling old drivers but still the result is same. Even if it is a problem with my old drivers, What I dont understand is why does the windows 7 dvd fail to boot when I try to reinstall after a full format. It also stops at "Starting Windows" logo.

8. eteksen

eteksen MDL Novice

Nov 15, 2013
    Use different windows 7 dvd (originial)

9. InHawks

InHawks MDL Novice

Oct 26, 2013
    Hi, Thanks for your reply but I dont think it is the problem with the DVD. I have two DVDs of windows 7, both created from iso image links in this forum. Both shows the same result, ie; stopping at "Starting Windows" logo. I have used the same DVD to install windows 7 in my laptop without any problems.

10. oldsh_t

oldsh_t MDL Expert

Dec 23, 2009
    Maybe your new Gainward GF210 graphics card is defective??:confused:

11. InHawks

InHawks MDL Novice

Oct 26, 2013
    #11 InHawks, Nov 25, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2013
    (OP)
    No Sir, As I have already told my Windows XP and Debian is recognizing my Graphics card and I have installed the latest nvidia drivers in them. I am getting stuck at loading Classpnp.sys when booting into safe mode in Windows 7. So I doubt whether it has to do anything with Plug and Play setting in the bios. But I searched all available options in my Bios but no setting regarding that.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. After reading a lot of posts in this forum, I could mod my bios with slic and make windows 7 genuine. I was so happy that I could do that. But now this problem came. I need both windows 7 and my graphics card to be working together.

12. eteksen

eteksen MDL Novice

Nov 15, 2013
    Use different windows 7 dvd. You do not need to be bullied. :)

13. oldsh_t

oldsh_t MDL Expert

Dec 23, 2009
  14. InHawks

InHawks MDL Novice

Oct 26, 2013
    #14 InHawks, Nov 27, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2013
    (OP)
    I would like to rule out the 1st and 4th possibilities straight away as I am pretty much sure that my card is not defective and also my pcie slot is not dirty. I had also doubted a driver problem/conflict. So I tried the suggestion to pull out the card, boot into windows 7 and install the drivers. But now another problem crop up. I have got a driver CD from Gainward along with the card. When I use that and run setup, it wont start giving the message " compatible hardware not detected". Remember that I am now booting using Onboard graphics (Intel 945 chipset) with the card plugged out as you have suggested. I tried downloading the drivers from gainward/nvidia site, but the results are the same. The drivers will not install without detecting a compatible hardware.

Can you suggest any work around here by which I can install the drivers manually without running setup and without the card plugged in?

15. oldsh_t

oldsh_t MDL Expert

Dec 23, 2009
    Pulling the card did not work, and I thought that it may not but was worth a try:(

Well I tried downloading the drivers (Win7 32 & XP 32) and extracting them in hopes of finding the .inf file so that this could be slip-streamed into the install disk. No go with that, there are just too many .inf files in there and I can't tell which one should be used. I also tried using a batch file to force the install but that was a no go to. No mater how I wrote up the batch file I just could not get the install to get past the checking?? If you can't get past the check, you can't force the install.
    Maybe you can get in touch with the maker of the card and explain your situation to them. They may have an answer for you. Right now I am lost:confused:

16. InHawks

InHawks MDL Novice

Oct 26, 2013
    Thanks friend, I really appreciate the effort you have put into solving my problem. I'll try writing to gainward, but you know their support will be pretty much NIL. Anyways I'll try.

Have not anyone experienced this problem before? There must be someway by which I can alert the whole forum about this issue so that I may get help from some corner. Admin............ plz..... help. Till the help comes I just cant use windows 7. :(

Anyways I really thankyou for your support.

17. LatinMcG

LatinMcG Bios Borker

Feb 27, 2011
    so even safemode wont boot.
    try booting from dvd or usb and in command prompt try

sfc /scannow /offbootdir=c:\ /offwindir= likely D:\ or E:\ depending where windows 7 folder is

18. InHawks

InHawks MDL Novice

Oct 26, 2013
    Hi friend,

As I had said previously, When I try to boot from Windows 7 DVD, it shows loading files and wont go forward after showing "Starting Windows" logo. I tried two different DVDs which I have but no use. The DVDs are fine as I used it to install windows 7 in my laptop.

Is this problem related anything to my BIOS. I have a zebronics motherboard with AMI BIOS version 2.61 in it. i had modded the BIOS with slic to run windows 7 previously with onboard graphics.

19. LatinMcG

LatinMcG Bios Borker

Feb 27, 2011
    unplug dvd and hdd and boot usb to see if it does bot. then narrow down to which is the issue.

20. PhaseDoubt

PhaseDoubt MDL Expert

Dec 24, 2011
    That's a clue, and it supports the contention your card is either damaged or incompatible with Windows 7.

We all would like to have simple answers that fix a problem immediately, but sometimes that just doesn't happen.