Windows 7 not updating

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by bluerose5, Jan 4, 2018.

1. bluerose5

bluerose5 MDL Junior Member

May 27, 2016
  2. E_B_M

E_B_M MDL Member

Jan 16, 2012
    This recently happened to me after restoring an old Macrium image to my mule PC. Verified all services & dependencies assoc w/ WU and still got same error. Problem disappeared after 3 or 4 reboots. I never checked logs for clues why it happened but it corrected itself. :eek:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. bluerose5

bluerose5 MDL Junior Member

May 27, 2016
    Thanks for the replies everyone. I simply deleted the contents of : C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution and started the service over. I had re-download some updates but it seems to be working now.

4. Dodger

Dodger MDL Novice

Apr 5, 2009
    I had the same issue the other day, see the image file, the clue was in the highlighted area.

The answer was to run windows defender via the action centre (this is of course normally turn off with 3rd party virus software) and then update it and then disable real time scanning (i.e. turn it off)

After this update were working as normal.

windows update fail3.jpg

5. Michaela Joy

Michaela Joy MDL Crazy Lady

Jul 26, 2012
    I'm running Windows 7 and I stopped using Windows Updates. I simply don't trust them.

I use the Simplix pack because it's one download and it's easy to use. If you save the exe, you can update multiple machines with it. ;)

EDIT: I forgot the customary 'YMMV'. :D

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...