Windows 7 notification message: Consider replacing your battery

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by oscarxp, Feb 24, 2011.

1. oscarxp

oscarxp MDL Novice

Feb 24, 2011
    After installing windows 7 SP1 im getting this problem with my Acer Labtop where by windows is suggesting to replace the battery. I know my battery is still functional due that its a new labtop for about 4 months. Any help

2. wintron

wintron MDL Member

Dec 4, 2009
    happened to me also some time back . turned out battery was faulty and would only hold on for about 30 minutes . fully charge the battery then use only on battery power , no ac , and see how much it lasts with normal use .

3. Kouryu

Kouryu MDL Senior Member

Jan 19, 2011
    even if it works fine now, it might not be in the near future... get it warrantied before it's too late!

4. idsk

idsk MDL Junior Member

Aug 25, 2009
    i had this notification long time ago, which was annoying because of the blinking red cross over the battery icon...
    but since i installed the SP1, i now got a tickbox, when i click on the battery icon, to disable the notification
    but even when disabling it, my battery is still weak as before and need to be replaced

5. vladxed666

vladxed666 MDL Senior Member

Sep 19, 2009
    Well That's A Nosy Operating System Fiddling With The Battery...

Anyway I agree with Kouryu "even if it works fine now, it might not be in the near future... get it warrantied before it's too late! "
    I Would Definitely do that... to make sure you don't lose any bucks... warranty is already payed for by you so why not use it to your advantage...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...