Windows 7 Now! Is it the end of Vista?

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by johnalvin, Aug 12, 2009.

1. johnalvin

johnalvin MDL Bios Modder

Sep 3, 2007
    I am thinking will OEMs continue to release Vista on their machine after 22 October?
    For XP yes, since this is for netbook.
    But if where to choose I’ll choose XP or Widow 7 and definitely NOT Vista.

Your thoughts?

2. Reign_Of_Freedom

Reign_Of_Freedom MDL Expert

Aug 1, 2009
    No matter what way you look at it Win 7 is basically an extension of Vista.

3. prescott

prescott MDL Junior Member

Feb 17, 2008
    I still stick to Vista SP2, fine and smooth ;) why to jump over to Windows 7?

4. drone_pilot

drone_pilot MDL Junior Member

Jul 20, 2009
    yeah yeah.. people were saying the same thing about vista too with XP. I recall people were saying oh its just XP with a new skin.. etc. Fact really IS Win7 is everything Vista should of been and is a worthy upgrade. I say upgrade to new OS, not anything else there. After all this isnt a Vista SP2 after all.

5. Lenmaer

Lenmaer MDL Addicted

Jul 3, 2009
    Same for me.
    But yes Vista will be dead on Pre-Build PCs, but will continue to be sold as Retail or OEM blank box, the price will be cheaper now also.

6. mcbyte

mcbyte MDL Junior Member

Jul 26, 2009
    yes, but if Win7 is finer and smoother, and has some nice new features that makes you finish things faster, why stay with Vista !? windows 95 was fine and smooth with word 95 and IE3 :p

7. Ruley

Ruley MDL Junior Member

Jul 26, 2009
    Well some companies still sold xp on new computers after vista was released, so I assume it will happen again.

8. KotaXor

KotaXor MDL Senior Member

Aug 3, 2009
    Windows 7? I would call it Vista-Finally Fixed.:)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  9. johnalvin

johnalvin MDL Bios Modder

Sep 3, 2007
    #9 johnalvin, Aug 12, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2009
    (OP)
    or vista without the WELCOME SCREEN? OMG I can't even remember what it called the screen was showing after installation :D

10. prescott

prescott MDL Junior Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Yeah, i definitely agree with you all :) Now my Vista is loaded with many useful softwares and I admit they are highly compatible with my system.

W7 still at its early stage (even now RTM or Retail), I tried both already and found no big changes. But for some XP users, they would become much excited with W7 :D

11. oscill8r

oscill8r MDL Junior Member

Sep 4, 2008
    Windows 7 = Vista SP3 ... more or less :)

12. zhadum

zhadum MDL Novice

Jun 16, 2009
    Pfft... they're big differences. Vista is like Windows Me and its horrible. Windows 7 is like XP and they're stable and fast. Windows Me and Vista are extremely buggy and performance are abyssal. I'm glad that I got rid of Vista from my computer.

13. PrEzi

PrEzi MDL Addicted

Aug 23, 2007
    It seems you have forgotten how buggy all XP pre-SP2 were.
    Vista is at least stable and secure - so the comparision to ME which was a total unstable failure always makes me wanna laugh.

Remember that without Vista there wouldn't be any 'seven' cause it was the codebase for it.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  14. jeremfg

jeremfg MDL Novice

Jul 23, 2009
    LOL...

And to think I never had any problem with Windows ME back then.

But I think my computer might have been an exception, more than a rule... I remember installing ME on other computer, where there was some issues.

However on the Vista vs XP note, it depends on when...

Before Vista SP1, I had quite a lot of issues...
    After SP1, everything was running perfectly while XP still had some nagging issues that never had been corrected...

So for my part, I'll always say that Vista Post SP1 was better than XP... More stable, no issues at all, and used memory way better to optimise system performance.

But.... every computer is different!

15. jeremfg

jeremfg MDL Novice

Jul 23, 2009
    Sooo true... I remember people saying "Stick with 2000, XP is s**t" back then, until SP2 arrived...

In my opinion, same thing happened with Vista, but since the technological leap was bigger, it too needed some time to adapt, much more time.... And everything seemed to come pretty well with Vista SP1... However, since everyone was still saying s**t about it, it kinda became a reputation that couldn't be changed...

If windows 7, the exact same one, had been release instead of vista back then, it would have been as much hated... Mostly because of the same thing nagging Vista : Hardware compatibility. But Vista served as a punching ball so 7 could profit from it, and become popular.