Windows 7 Oem Activation And Abit Motherboards

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by budzos, Jun 21, 2010.

1. budzos

budzos MDL Expert

Mar 13, 2009
    I was just wondering if I set a couple of my Abit systems up with oem activation will
    they become flagged as not genuine since Abit does not produce motherboards and they will not have an Abit 2.1 slic or oem key? They are currently running Vista 64 so I just wanted to go to Windows 7 64 bit.
    Thanks, budzos

2. tcntad

tcntad MDL Guru

Oct 26, 2009
    I promise searchfunction is working somewhat..:p.

You have another OEM bios to use just find out what that is and use cert+key for that brand and not Abit... Or use a loder..

3. budzos

budzos MDL Expert

Mar 13, 2009
    I already know that that, I wanted to know if it would be flagged as non genuine if I used a cert and key that didn't match the make of the motherboard. I apologize if I was unclear in my question.
    I have several computers running Windows 7 already but there certs and keys match with the motherboard maker. I will keep them running Vista if there is too much risk of being flagged non genuine.
    budzos

4. tcntad

tcntad MDL Guru

Oct 26, 2009
    It depends on.. Im not sure how WAT works..
    For a best match you should use matching cert+key with your bios.. If 1 mismatch you might be ok and if 2 mismatch you might be flagged un-genuine..Im not sure..

5. Rosco

Rosco MDL Addicted

Oct 29, 2007
    It seems that M$ WAT update targetted a few workarounds that made selling pirated Windows possible - it doesn't seem to be as sophisticated as it needs to be to shut down all non-genuine systems.

There isn't any real evidence that it shuts down any system that is not running the original BIE loaders and ones using the old Lenovo key- it certainly has no effect on an Enterprise system, with Office 2010, running the mini KMS service and you'd think that would be easy to shut down.

Whether it will become more aggressive over time who can tell.

But - the major thing is you don't have to install it except to use M$ downloads other than updates which is not a big deal at all.

So, really - minimal risk. If you're worried image your existing systems on to a USB drive if you ever want to go back.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. budzos

budzos MDL Expert

Mar 13, 2009
    I'm really not that worried about saving my old system as images since I would simply reflash the bios and reinstall Vista again. I have no important data on these computers. I just wondered if somebody else out there had an Abit system flagged as non genuine because there are no Abit certs or keys since they no longer manufacture motherboards. If I have to I will use a Gigabyte or Asus 2.1 slic since I have already made Oem install discs for
    both of them.
    Thanks, budzos

7. armada

armada MDL Addicted

Dec 8, 2007
    i tested a abit ic7 max board with a dell slic and a asus alic both pass wat just fine

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. budzos

budzos MDL Expert

Mar 13, 2009
    Cool! Thats the kind of response I was hoping for.
    Thanks, budzos

9. lifedigital

lifedigital MDL Novice

Feb 20, 2009
    Here are some more of Abit Mobo I'm using with different version of W7. All pass genuine 100%.
    Fatal1ty FP-IN9 w7 enterprise (mak)
    Abit 9 pro w7 ultimate (bios mod)
    Abit Fatal1ty F-I90HD w7 pro (bios mod)

10. budzos

budzos MDL Expert

Mar 13, 2009
    What slic 2.1/certs /keys are you using with the bios mods?
    Thanks, budzos

11. lifedigital

lifedigital MDL Novice

Feb 20, 2009
    Abit 9pro with W7 ultimate with Dell slic 2.1
    Abit Fatallity 190HD W7 with Toshiba slic 2.1
    plus I use my modified W7 OEM DVD which I got the files here...
    -Bios-Mods

12. budzos

budzos MDL Expert

Mar 13, 2009
    Thanks for the info!
    budzos

13. lifedigital

lifedigital MDL Novice

Feb 20, 2009
    You are welcome. All you need to do is type your mobo info in search box.

14. budzos

budzos MDL Expert

Mar 13, 2009
    But this way I can still verify that these people are still using there Abits. Some of these people may of been already been flagged as non genuine and moved on to other options.
    budzos