Windows 7 Offline Updates

Discussion in 'MDL Projects and Applications' started by ColdZero, Jun 12, 2010.

1. ColdZero

ColdZero MDL Android 17

Nov 9, 2009
    #1 ColdZero, Jun 12, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2019
  2. ernmitanyo

ernmitanyo MDL Novice

Jun 21, 2009
    thanks for sharing this

3. techie1

techie1 MDL Novice

Mar 11, 2010
    Does this package include only GDR updates? I like SoLoR's update pack but it includes all the LDR updates. I'm looking for a pack that contains only the updates that are offered on windows update. Have you removed updates that have been superseded by more recent versions?

4. shadowstep

shadowstep MDL Member

May 2, 2010
    @ColdZero - Does this package contain *ALL* of the updates which have been released for Windows 7 *SINCE THE VERY BEGINNING* or are they just the latest monthly ones?

5. shadowstep

shadowstep MDL Member

May 2, 2010
    Thanks!

A few more questions -

1.Now this package of updates is updated once every month, if I'm not wrong. So if I add this package to my ISO now, how do I add the *ONLY* the next month's updates to the ISO (since I would not want to re-add those updates which I already have put in the ISO). Or will I have to remove the previous updates package (if that's possible) and re-integrate the new, latest package to the ISO?

2. I've heard that Windows 7 SP1 will only contain a collection of updates which have been released since Windows 7 became public. So if that's the case, if I integrate the latest package that time, or integrate Windows 7 SP1, won't it be the same thing? (Correct me if I'm wrong anywhere!) I'm asking this since wheneve SP1 releases, and if would like to integrate it in the ISO, I'll have to remove the updates package, right?

Thanks again! :)

6. techie1

techie1 MDL Novice

Mar 11, 2010
    The updates are sorted by month inside the package. All you have to do is download the latest pack and choose to integrate only the updates from the current month. This will cause your install.wim file to grow over time. Every so often, you should use the rebuild image option in WinIntegrator to recompress everything. Remember, each index is seperate inside the WIM file. If you want to update all versions (starter, homebasic, homepremium, etc.) you will have to mount each index and integrate the updates.

I beliveve that Windows 7 SP1 will include changes that were never released on windows update. It would be wise to start fresh with SP1 once it is released. It's not the same as integrating every update up to SP1.
    SP1 will be a new starting point for updates. A new baseline.

I'm sure that once SP1 is released officially, someone here will post an official MS ISO with SP1 integrated. That would be good starting point for future update integration.

7. simz_xpc

simz_xpc MDL Novice

Aug 4, 2009
    Thanks for sharing\

8. coleoptere2007

coleoptere2007 MDL Guru

Apr 8, 2008
    thanks for sharing :rolleyes:

9. shadowstep

shadowstep MDL Member

May 2, 2010
    #10 shadowstep, Jul 1, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2010
    @ColdZero - Suggestion: Why don't you start uploading the updates which are sorted by month so that the people who have already downloaded the previous months' updates need not download them again? :)

10. shadowstep

shadowstep MDL Member

May 2, 2010
    @ColdZero - Download Link Down! Please update!

11. ColdZero

ColdZero MDL Android 17

Nov 9, 2009
    Yes, i will release a base update and then incremental updates :)

12. ColdZero

ColdZero MDL Android 17

Nov 9, 2009
    Oh, my mistake... Fixed! Thanks :)

13. rafaelopezjr

rafaelopezjr MDL Novice

Aug 18, 2010
    Hello,

Thanks a lot for sharing this

I made some improvements to facilitate incremental management, send me an email to give you the download address.

14. aldinof

aldinof MDL Novice

Dec 10, 2009
    nice share i'm gonna integrated into master win7.....

15. ColdZero

ColdZero MDL Android 17

Nov 9, 2009
    Check your inbox for this account pal! :)

16. Hannibal Lecter

Hannibal Lecter MDL Senior Member

May 12, 2010
    Am I safe using this?

Hello Cold Zero,
    I am using DAZ Loader, but as I had changed the language in my Windows 7 with Vistalizer, I will never be genuine again. Thats fine with me...
    But, occasionally I get the watermark about this and with a lot of uninstalling and re-installing of the loader, I get it to go away again.
    As I am afraid updating might trigger this again, I have not attempted it... what do you think about using your upfate file in my case? I mean.. even DAZ was not aware of the fact that the changed language files would turn everything non-genuine sooner or later... I have downloaded your August 2010 x86 rar from mediafire, but wozulds prefer your ok. before installing. I obviously would prefer to have it work non-updated, than have it updated and non-genuine again.... :rolleyes:

17. ColdZero

ColdZero MDL Android 17

Nov 9, 2009
    1) You are safe pal!
    2) Turn windows updates to manual
    3) When you run my patch, check that it is for Daz Loader.
    Thats all!

Notes:
    If you have KB971033 (AKA "WAT" or "Windows activation technologies") this Microsoft Patch eventually will make you non genuine. If you have it then try to uninstall it.

Cheers!

18. Hannibal Lecter

Hannibal Lecter MDL Senior Member

May 12, 2010
    Thanks

I tried, but the downloaded version did not do anything at all. I used the one from post #1.

August 11 Update x86 - 50.81mb: mediafire.com/?6a6iwnbl5a28gwn

???

19. ColdZero

ColdZero MDL Android 17

Nov 9, 2009
    You have to download and then extract the .rar in order:

1) Base Engine Download: (June 30)

Download 32 bits - 169mb: mediafire.com/?wmjvmjxgy4h

2) Then incremental version:
    August 11 Update x86 - 50.81mb: mediafire.com/?6a6iwnbl5a28gwn

Cheers!