Windows 7 on Ryzen System

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Deleted member 773088, Jan 29, 2018.

There’s lot of info on the Internet about how to install Windows 7 on Ryzen CPU system using USB bootable pen drive. Some motherboard manufacturer have even released utilities to do driver patching for Windows 7 bootable pen drive. However I am bit confused about the technicalities of the same so have some basic doubts!

1. Is driver patching needed if I am going to install Windows 7 using SATA internal DVD drive and Windows 7 SP1 bootable DVD?

2. If my AM4 motherboard offers USB 2.0 port, would Windows 7 on Ryzen fail to detect even USB 2.0 port?

3. If so, does the chipset driver from the board manufacturer take care of the USB 2 detection later once Windows 7 is installed?

Thanks.

1. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    Afaik, all usb2 and 3 are xhci, and you need the drivers integrated to boot.wim (put them in both indices to be sure) and later connect usb devices.

You can use Simplix update pack to offline integrate all updates, usb3.x driver installation tool and it's set to be able to update kabylake/ryzen systems.