Windows 7 on the Packard Bell MX52 Repository (SLIC 2.1 BIOS + Activation + Drivers)

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Berny, Mar 22, 2011.

1. Berny

Berny MDL Member

Jul 29, 2009
    #1 Berny, Mar 22, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2011
  2. tcntad

tcntad MDL Guru

Oct 26, 2009
    So basically you're saying its a crappy laptop?

Why did you buy it then without making any kinds of research and getting a personal opinion? Must be a store where you can try it out right?

3. Berny

Berny MDL Member

Jul 29, 2009
    #3 Berny, Mar 22, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2011
    (OP)
    Sadly It wasn't me buying it, it belongs to a friend that brought it to me because the hard drive broke so I went and upgraded the windows install since vista (that the laptop came with) was slow as hell.

Small electronics shops seem to love stocking on those laptops because they're very cheap so they can make more profit from them by selling them at similar prices of products with similar specs from other brands, mostly because many people associate Packard Bell name with Hewlett-Packard (that has actually nothing to do with them). Unfortunately when most people go looking for a new laptop they only look at the most mundane things like the chassis or the display colors, now knowing of the many issues that can arise due to poor driver support when using the laptop or when trying to reinstall/upgrade the OS.

Indeed, he has brought me this laptop several times already: when he bought it windows hibernation was often hanging due to the broken stock graphic drivers, when one of the ram sticks broke he bought another one and the laptop wasn't booting because apparently it's one of the few 64bit laptops that never got updated for 4gb ram support, now the hard drive broke: I put a new fast 7200rpm drive but the speed is noticeably reduced by the fact that this laptop is locked on IDE mode (yet it wasn't sold with XP and has no XP drivers on the website, making this IDE mode completely useless).

In the end I'm not recommending to avoid buying Packard Bell just because of this laptop having several unresolved issues, I know that every manufacturer, even the most expensive like Apple and Sony sometimes sells lemons, I'm recommending this because the laptop is just one of many I've seen from Packard Bell having several issues due to broken BIOSes, outdated drivers, all topped with very mediocre support.

4. L0st

L0st MDL Novice

Mar 6, 2012
    I know this thread is old but i really needed the help of anyone who sthill has these files :(
    I have a Packard Bell MX52 and it's getting me insane without the best drivers and bios file :(
    could any of you please reupload the files above or send it too me by pm or to my mail something please i could really use your help

thanks to all

Compliments

5. Berny

Berny MDL Member

Jul 29, 2009
    I'm sorry, with all these file sharing websites closing it looks like all the drivers I uploaded are unavailable now and I don't have copies since the laptop wasn't mine.

If somebody happens to have downloaded the files and still has them please reupload them for other people: I provided informations to where to find every driver but the modded BIOS and wifi button software can only be provided by somebody who kept them after downloading them from my post.

6. Galileo Figaro

Galileo Figaro MDL Junior Member

Sep 6, 2010
  7. MX52MAD

MX52MAD MDL Novice

Feb 23, 2013
    Please Help

Hi Galileo

Please give me step by step instructions on how to do what you did to fix it. I have the same problem, but I don't know where to get the 'stuff' or how to even get to the bios or what to extract. I'm desperate here, do it like ur telling a baby. Cos when it comes to such I suck.

Desperate.

8. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    From what I can see you already have step by step Instructions in the post above and Galileo Figaro has even posted the bios mod couldn't get any easier.

9. MX52MAD

MX52MAD MDL Novice

Feb 23, 2013
    Call me silly, but I don't know what to do. The link he's posted for the stuff to download isn't working. What am I to do?

10. Galileo Figaro

Galileo Figaro MDL Junior Member

Sep 6, 2010
    The link works.

1. Copy the the downloaded BIOS file to the root of C:.

2. Reboot and go into BIOS setup. Choose the internal flasher. Point it to:
    C:\MX52V210.ROM or to:
    D:\MX52V210.ROM (if your system is W7)

3. Flash.

4. Reboot.

11. dveras

dveras MDL Novice

May 31, 2014

Hello, anybody can upload again the MX52 slic 2.1 for packard bell? I want to activate the win7 home premium OEM.
    Thanks

12. Samalvorio

Samalvorio MDL Novice

Oct 9, 2019
  13. elygme

elygme MDL Novice

Mar 8, 2015
    Hola, ¿alguien puede volver a subir el MX52 slic 2.1 para packard bell? Quiero activar Win7 Home Premium OEM.
    gracias

14. kamikazedc

kamikazedc MDL Novice

Sep 16, 2015
    Hello, I need the ROM also, because mine is corrupted. Can you upload it please?