windows 7 on toshiba m105-s1021 not possible???

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by armada, Jan 19, 2010.

1. armada

armada MDL Addicted

Dec 8, 2007
    i have done everything i can possibly think of. not matter what i have tried i get to the copying files then get one of a few errors at various tries. i have seen i am missing a cd/dvd driver, i have seen the install.wim is missing or corrupt, or it just errors and says i cant install on this system please restart. it is different all the time. and the only way i have found to install vista is to do a upgrade from xp. or that errors out on me also. i am thinking it has to do with the ahci settings but this bios has no option to change anything.

i have tried different dvd iso's, from a hdd, from a usb stick, doing a upgrade from vista nothing works. any ideas or thoughts im willing to try them. please help me out. this is the first system out of i dont know how many i have installed win7 on now that has been a issue. thanks for any help in advance

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. armada

armada MDL Addicted

Dec 8, 2007
    finally figured out it was the dvd drive. very odd. win7 didnt have a driver for it!! i was pretty surprised as i have yet to find any other recent drive that it was lacking a driver for. the drive was made in 2008 and is a samsung unit. i swapped the drive with another system and installed win 7 perfectly then swapped the drives back and it found the driver through win update. i now have placed it on a disc for next time i have to reinstall on this machine.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Rosco

Rosco MDL Addicted

Oct 29, 2007
    Have seen lots of stories about Win 7 install failing to recognize lots of DVD drives but being OK when using updated drivers.

Probably explains a lot of failed half installs.

4. rahulkucheria

rahulkucheria MDL Novice

Jun 9, 2010
    It probably should work