Windows 7 partitions activation driving me nuts!

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Cr4z33, Jul 26, 2012.

1. Cr4z33

Cr4z33 MDL Novice

Jul 13, 2009
    Here we go again with the crazy activation issues...

I am running:
    1. Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64 bit on a SSD drive labeled as F: <Healthy (system, active, primary partition)>
    2. Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64 bit on a RAID0 array labeled as C: <Healthy (active, primary partition)>

Yesterday I re-made a fresh installation on the RAID0 array and tried to make Windows genuine first by using this method, and after no success by this other method that already worked in the past.

I also tried to reset all activations by using this, but after retrying all from the scratch I am now with both partitions detected as not genuine.

What on Earth should I try else apart from putting my computer on fire? :aglerks:

2. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    You have not given enough information I,e, are you using Daz loader or do you have SLIC 2.1 in bios. If you did use loader originally then trying to restore activation using Advanced Tokens Manager v3.3 I don't think that will work. If you are using loader make sure you are using latest version and post any questions in Windows-Loader-Support-and-chat section.

3. Cr4z33

Cr4z33 MDL Novice

Jul 13, 2009
    As I wrote in my 1st post I first tried to manually activate my Windows (no SLIC BIOS) and then I tried with Advanced Tokens Manager. ;)

Does Daz Loader still require to be run now and then?

4. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    #4 urie, Jul 26, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2012
    There is No Way you can manually offline activate using oem:SLP key + Certificate if you do not have SLIC 2.1 in bios. Advanced Tokens Manager only backs up your activation if you machine was activated then you can use it to restore only needed if you used retail or NONE:SLP Key or MAK key, It does not activate your system on its own without activation being backed up. You need to use Daz loader.

5. Cr4z33

Cr4z33 MDL Novice

Jul 13, 2009
    Well it was possible in the past (at least for me before SP1), but it looks like today not anymore.
    And yes I used a working backup with ATM.

However I gave a try to Daz Loader as suggested by you and it worked, although I had to run it on every Windows partition to activate them all.

Thanks for the help! :D

6. Michel

Michel MDL Expert

Jul 29, 2009
    It was never possible in the past!, you probably had a loader installed before you did that.

7. Cr4z33

Cr4z33 MDL Novice

Jul 13, 2009
    Then have a read to this and see how much it worked. ;)

8. Daz

Daz MDL Developer / Admin
    Staff Member

Jul 31, 2009
    Why bother manually activating? That thread was left in 2011 because it's way out of date and can't activate half as many systems as the latest loader can.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  9. Cr4z33

Cr4z33 MDL Novice

Jul 13, 2009
    I had to use that method in the past 'cause no loader could deal properly with multiple Windows partitions.
    However I have to confirm that nowadays your loader is doing the job great, although I had to run it on every single Windows partition. :D

10. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    Obviously you have to you there is no way a key and certificate installed on windows installation on one partition will activate windows on another partition that doesn't have key or certificate installed.

11. Cr4z33

Cr4z33 MDL Novice

Jul 13, 2009
    In the past it worked with that manual method.
    What is obvious for you it's not for me.
    Just saying. ;)