windows 7 popup

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by captain_scorch, Apr 17, 2010.

1. captain_scorch

captain_scorch MDL Novice

Apr 14, 2010
  2. MasterDisaster

MasterDisaster MDL Expert

Aug 29, 2009
    Just press the Resolve Online button and continue with the steps.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. MasterDisaster

MasterDisaster MDL Expert

Aug 29, 2009
    0x8004FE22 is related with possible detection of loader or blacklisted key. With only a vague screenshot like that, that was the best suggestion I could come up with.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. gamepoint

gamepoint MDL Senior Member

Jan 4, 2010
    i have encountered this problem before.This is because of update KB 971033 And what i did was to uninstall the update and delete the registry entries..just follow these steps

1.Run CMD as Admin and type this
    %SystemRoot%\system32\Wat\WatAdminSvc.exe /run

2.Then,this code helps in disabling the task scheduler
    schtasks /change /disable /tn "\Microsoft\Windows\Windows Activation Technologies\ValidationTask" && schtasks /change /disable /tn "\Microsoft\Windows\Windows Activation Technologies\ValidationTaskDeadline"

3.Next,type this to delete registry entries of KB 971033
    REG DELETE "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows Activation Technologies" /f

4.Uninstall update
    for x32
    dism /online /remove-package /PackageName:Microsoft-Windows-Security-WindowsActivationTechnologies-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~7.1.7600.16395

for x64
    dism /online /remove-package /PackageName:Microsoft-Windows-Security-WindowsActivationTechnologies-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~7.1.7600.16395

5.Disable activation check to stop the nags
    takeown /F %WINDIR%\System32\sppcomapi.dll && icacls %WINDIR%\System32\sppcomapi.dll /deny *S-1-1-0:F

6.restart your computer..that may help resolve your problems.Hope this helps.

credit to Winflp

5. captain-scorch

captain-scorch MDL Novice

Apr 19, 2010
    hey game thanks for your help the fix worked. but i have a new problem every now and then my pc will lock up and give me a black screen of death if you will its odd cause when it happens any sounds that are playing get looped and i have to reboot also after rebooting i get a msg saying windows recovered from a fatal error ect not sure if that has to do with windows or some thing else but thought i might ask. so again thanks for all your help so far and any more would be great (also this is the first poster just it would not let me log in to that account and had to make a new one)

6. gamepoint

gamepoint MDL Senior Member

Jan 4, 2010
    check your dump files..because the error will make a file in the dump folder..you copy the file to desktop and compressed it with winrar and post it back here...and please consider hittinng the button thanks for my post earlier;):D

7. idanka

idanka MDL Novice

Aug 15, 2012
    Hi.
    When I typed what you wrote in step 2 I got error message:
    ERROR: The specified task name "\Microsoft\Windows\Windows Activation Technologies\ValidationTask" does not exist in the system.
    Maybe it's because I'm using Hebrew windows 7?
    Thanks in advance:cool: