Windows 7 Power Options Issue

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by karlo, Jun 18, 2011.

1. karlo

karlo MDL Junior Member

Jan 20, 2010
    #1 karlo, Jun 18, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
  2. Spider-Vice

Spider-Vice MDL Member

Mar 30, 2011
    A GUID missing? That's odd, I think the only choice is to reinstall Windows to be honest, as the power options program is missing.

3. Dre009

Dre009 MDL Addicted

Oct 26, 2009
    Try this:

Go to Device Manager.

Expand System Devices.

Right-click on the ACPI Fixed Feature Button and select Uninstall. In the "Confirm Device Uninstall" dialog box, click on OK.

Restart the system.

Windows should automatically detect and install Power Management on the computer

4. Opus

Opus MDL Member

Jul 28, 2009
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. starams5

starams5 MDL Member

Feb 5, 2010
    Agree with acrsn, run a 7 repair (upgrade) from the DVD. Might try running the system file checker before-hand, not sure if it will do any good. Also, switch to "Small icons" view in the Control panel and see if it does the same thing.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. karlo

karlo MDL Junior Member

Jan 20, 2010
    thanks everyone. anyway i just decided to buy a new hard drive and install everything from scratch.
    too sad, my vaio recovery dvds got corrupted. i miss the vaio windows log-on vaio theme, wallpapers, automatic activation stuffs, the free premium software that came with it... what i have is just plain old windows 7 :(

7. PhaseDoubt

PhaseDoubt MDL Expert

Dec 24, 2011
    Once you get a stable installation, make a system image. In fact, you'd be ahead of the game by having an initial stable image and another once you get everything installed and your system tweaked to suit you. An image sure does come in handy when a system faults.

And oh yeah ... backup, backup, backup.

8. uffbros

uffbros MDL Senior Member

Aug 9, 2010
    Why did you buy a new hard drive? All you needed to do was clean install Windows???? Lot of $$$$ for no reason.

9. PhaseDoubt

PhaseDoubt MDL Expert

Dec 24, 2011
    When I went from XP to 7 on my netbook, I replaced the 160GB drive with a 320GB. The 160 was fine, but I took the opportunity to get a larger drive. Sometimes a problem will pop up and "allow" you the opportunity to do a few system improvements. Even considering the effects of all the flooding, hard drives are cheap. Back in the 20th century I bought a WD 450MB drive (yep...that's an "M") and it was over $400. Today's drives are cheap.