Windows 7 Pro and BSOD help

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by myamar, Mar 13, 2010.

1. myamar

myamar MDL Junior Member

Nov 10, 2009
  2. venu

venu MDL Addicted

Oct 16, 2009
    #3 venu, Mar 13, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2010
    Your crash dump doesnt point any probable cause. 3 generic things you can do.
    1) run a malware cleaner like malwarebytes.
    2) update your drivers.
    3) Boot in safe mode and see whether the bsod occurs or not. if not, it is probably a driver issue.

3. spacednow

spacednow MDL Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Just a quick "maybe". If you run a MajicJack, their latest "update" , which can't be uninstalled; caused my win7ultimate random BSODs.......... It's now in several hundred pieces at the bottom of my trash can, and the BSODs are gone :)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. myamar

myamar MDL Junior Member

Nov 10, 2009
    Thank you for your replies guys. Actually I have BSODs occasionally when I restart or turn laptop off. And I use latest drivers for everything (I installed chipset drivers as first, then graphic driver etc). But I thought it might be because of soundriver. I had this laptop with Vista OEM and Realtek ALC862 soundcard. But sound driver from Vista can't be installed in Win 7 (well it can in compatabile mode but I always receive error) so I downloaded latest Realtek HD driver 2.43 which I am not sure if should be used here. And I have modded BIOS from Yen which works great and I never had BSOD in Vista when I used this modded BIOS so I am desperate. But thx for your replies.

And I scanned with malwarebytes, superantispyware, spywareterminator, and Avira and nohign found (I don't run any "cracks" or stuff liek that).

5. venu

venu MDL Addicted

Oct 16, 2009
    There is one additional piece of info that you have now provided- that the bsod happens at startup and shutdown. while hopefully its just a driver issue, the 8E bug sometimes relates to a hardware incompatibility problem. so make sure your cpu fans are working, do a memtest.

6. myamar

myamar MDL Junior Member

Nov 10, 2009
    I run Memory Diagnostic Tool in Windows 7 and there was no error. And BSOD happens only at shutdown (or restart).