Windows 7 Pro x64 becomes not genuine after using Windows Loader for months..

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by duckdown, May 11, 2013.

1. duckdown

duckdown MDL Novice

May 27, 2011
    Hello folks,

I have been using the stock x64 image ( X15-65805.iso ) for a couple months on my machine, installed with an OEM key PROFESSIONAL (OEM-8992671), then used Windows Loader after the OS is installed as I always do, and things were fine for about 2 months.

Now today, randomly, while watching XBMC, it suddenly popped up that my version of Windows is counterfeit, and it changed my theme to black.

I installed no updates, nor have done anything different out of the ordinary that I always do.

What the hell is going on, and why suddenly now is it affecting me?

What did I do wrong? I don't understand...

I'm going to try uninstalling the loader, running the 'slmgr -rearm' command, then redoing the loader, but I still am at a loss for why this happened in the first place.

In other threads, Daz seemed extremely confident that there is no way for M$ to detect it, so what on Earth happened in this case?

Any thoughts, comments, recommendations or suggestions, I am all ears!

Thanks in advance folks

Cheers from Toronto :)

2. Humphrey

Humphrey MDL Expert

Dec 13, 2011
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. LatinMcG

LatinMcG Bios Borker

Feb 27, 2011
    or u can get a bios mod with slic 2.1 and be done with it.
    it hardly ever shows up non genuine.. make sure u have latest Daz Loader

4. Humphrey

Humphrey MDL Expert

Dec 13, 2011
    Or that, but playing with the bios can be dangerous and who ever doing it, even if they are experienced with it, should be careful.

Go here to 1st SEARCH for your bios and if its not found, 2nd request a mod of it.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    KB971033 update does not affect Daz loader, what is really needed is MGADiag report as you mentioned in earlier post.