Windows 7 Ran Fine Til Now !

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by USNative, Feb 22, 2014.

1. USNative

USNative MDL Novice

Sep 8, 2009
    #1 USNative, Feb 22, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2014
    Hi Guys, I have been running Windows 7 RTM for a very long time now using Daz's Loader, with just the slic, no bios mod with no issues whatsoever until today. I get up this morning and I see the dreaded Microsoft screen on my monitor "This Copy Of Windows Is Not Activated". :eek:

God Damn It ! Like I really need this right now, LOL !

Anyway, I dug up Daz's Loader and tried several times reactivating using slic and could not get it to work. So I tried doing the bios loader set to "ASUS" as I have a Asus P6X58D Premium MB , and low and behold, it's activated again ! :biggrin:

I used version 1.75 which is an older version of Daz's loader but reliable. If I should be using a newer release of the loader let me know, but the old version worked for me.

The reason I made a thread on this is more for a Heads Up than anything, just wanted everyone to be aware that a crack down may be in the works.

Thanks To Daz's Loader , I was able to use his bios loader option to fix this. Thanks Daz, your loader saved my ass from disaster ! :cool:

Good Luck All and be careful !

Any Comments ? Feel Free

2. Carlos Detweiller

Carlos Detweiller Emperor of Ice-Cream

Dec 21, 2012
    You should always use the latest version unless there are important reasons to do not (incompatibilities etc.). The latest version is 2.2.1 and can be downloaded from the Loader subforum.

3. USNative

USNative MDL Novice

Sep 8, 2009
    OK, I'll snag that one and give it a go. I am planning to reinstall windows later as I need to re-arrange partitions to add room to my C drive, when I do this I will go with the new one.

Thanks Carlos

4. USNative

USNative MDL Novice

Sep 8, 2009
    #4 USNative, Feb 22, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2014
    (OP)
    Oh, I have a question, do I even need to run the loader again now that I have ran the bios loader or can I install windows now without doing anything now that I have it loaded into bios using the loader ?

In other words, now that I have used the bios loader part of Daz's loader instead of slic will Windows 7 be activated automatically if I do a clean install ?

5. Carlos Detweiller

Carlos Detweiller Emperor of Ice-Cream

Dec 21, 2012
    I do not exactly know when it started, but the Loader encrypts its bootloader file now. One less possibility to get detected. But, generally, if it works for you, leave it. Use it in the future, though, as not even its creator might know exactly anymore how this old version did work in every aspect. :sailor:

6. USNative

USNative MDL Novice

Sep 8, 2009
    Makes sense to me, TYVM !

7. USNative

USNative MDL Novice

Sep 8, 2009
    #7 USNative, Feb 23, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2014
    (OP)
    Hey guys, about 12 hours later and still activated ! :yeah:

Here's something I discovered that may have been the reason it got detected, I had the update KB971033 installed on my machine, the one that everyone tells us to stay away from. I must have inadvertently installed it at some point.

I uninstalled it just to be safe. Don't know if this was the cause or not but it may very well have been. Anyway, so far so good.

If anyone else is getting deactivated please post in here so we can know. We may need a guru to figure out what's up and create a cure if people's copies are being detected some way.

Supposedly the KB971033 update is being installed to our Windows 7 machines silently without our knowledge by what I have been reading on the net. :(

Don't know how true this may be but thought I should let you all know. I only have 12 post's at the moment so I can't post links to the info I have read on this but it's out there. Google it if you want to read about it.

Thanks

8. steven4554

steven4554 MDL Expert

Jul 12, 2009
    Still using a non-supported version of Windows 7, any reason why you haven't updated to Service Pack 1 yet:confused:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  9. USNative

USNative MDL Novice

Sep 8, 2009
    #9 USNative, Feb 23, 2014
    (OP)
    I do have SP1 installed but this still happened to me. I also have all the latest updates and all.

Attached Files:

10. EFA11

EFA11 Avatar Guru

Oct 7, 2010
    KB971033 is not an issue any longer. It was like the Y2K bug, gone in a flash hehe

11. USNative

USNative MDL Novice

Sep 8, 2009
    #11 USNative, Feb 23, 2014
    (OP)
    That's good to know EFA11 ! Do you have any suggestions as to what could be the reason MS detected it as an invalid copy ?

12. windsman

windsman MDL Expert

Jan 11, 2010
    Do you use imaging software like Acronis, O&O diskimage...........?, this could be a reason, or simply a bug a code glitch or a corruption of the data kept about the Windows version info, as Carlos said, you should use the latest version of the loader.

windsman.

13. steven4554

steven4554 MDL Expert

Jul 12, 2009
    My bad:eek:, just when you said you were running Win7 RTM, thought you meant the original release no SP's. Thanks for letting us know:)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  14. USNative

USNative MDL Novice

Sep 8, 2009
    Gotcha, Thanks ! :cool:

15. USNative

USNative MDL Novice

Sep 8, 2009
    No I dont use any imaging software at the moment.

What's imaging software have to do with this kind of problem ? Just asking , not to be rude. The more informed the better.

Thanks