Windows 7 recovery "fun"

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Mysparetime, Nov 8, 2011.

1. Mysparetime

Mysparetime MDL Novice

Nov 8, 2011
    Well hello theeereee, I've had my pc for about a year maybe two (roughly when windows 7 came out but anyway) recently because of school work I was attempting to install Kunbuntu and I accidently wiped my hard drive. My pc when turned on would just show the packard bell logo (When i had the option to go into the BIOS or Boot options) then it would go black. I quickly made a boot load on a usb stick i had, and installed Kunbuntu again, just so that i could use my pc again.
    When loading Kunbuntu i had options to load it normally or safe mode etc... or a windows memory recovery. I loaded the recovery(Which i have seen many times before because i have reinstalled windows, but i have never needed a disc for it) I had the option to reinstall windows 7, but when i tried using it i had an error saying that could not recognise system file type. Does this mean I have lost my copy of windows ?

Thanks for your help, Lewis.

2. Sabresite

Sabresite MDL Member

Nov 7, 2007
    It says it cannot recognize system file type most likely because of the installation of Kubuntu. You probably wiped out the previous windows partition. Getting it back would require recovery software or a recovery facility.

3. Mysparetime

Mysparetime MDL Novice

Nov 8, 2011
    So I should be able to get it back by using some recovery software ? Thank God, Would hate to have to buy Windows -.-