Windows 7 reinstallation made it worse

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Xaample, Apr 1, 2019.

1. Xaample

Xaample MDL Novice

Apr 1, 2019
    So my computer has been quite slow for the past few months and today I decided to reinstall windows. I went from Windows 7 Professional N to Windows 7 Ultimate. Both were not bought by me and I just activated Ultimate with the phone system. The problems start here, when half the drivers that I had backed up, after restored, didn't work properly anymore and then 4 of my back USB 3.0ports don't even work anymore. My normal keyboard that I used to use just fine doesn't even get recognized when i plug it in,so I had to dig up some old logitech keyboard that fortunately worked. But now when I started to install programs back one by one, every single one of them ran into at least one issue. Currently I can't even log on my nvidia geforce exoirience, because the login popup window is simply black. nothing on it.

I want to know if there's any point in trying to fix this broken of a Windows machine or should I try installing Windows 10? If I do install Windows 10,how do I get drivers straight away and how do I find a network adapter?

I would have made a nicer intro but I feel so drained and in such a bad mood so I'm sorry about that. I spent around 6hours today trying to make everything work.

I also still have my Windows.old folder, so is there anyway to rollback to win7 professional and with all my settings?

Thank you everyone in advance who decides to help and I certainly hope you guys never mess up like this.

2. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    Did you use official MSDN iso's or p2p homebrew iso?

Please run the QT from here, and post the saved report here in code tags.

3. Xaample

Xaample MDL Novice

Apr 1, 2019
    I'll do it when I'm home again, I'm not at the computer anymore. Also does that tool just check if the activation was successful? If so, I'm pretty sure it was since I did it with a key provided from n**** forums members and I did it by calling the activation system from phone.

Thanks for the reply

4. Krager

Krager MDL Senior Member

Jan 9, 2017
    That's what I would do. In all my years of using Windows I've never tried to salvage a broken install, always reload clean, that's the Windows way.

5. atgpud2003

atgpud2003 MDL Addicted

Apr 30, 2015
    make sure you have enough ram, CPU cores, and faster hard drive. This make windows 7 run smooth..

ATGPUD2003