Windows 7 Reinstallation

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by reumes, Jun 9, 2011.

1. reumes

reumes MDL Novice

Jun 9, 2011
    Hi there,

I have a Samsung R580 notebook. I wanted to reinstall Windows, but the Samsung recovery tool installs all kind of crap with it. So now I want to clean install Windows myself en delete the Samsung recovery crap and the recovery partition.

On the back of my laptop is the COA sticker with the product key. It is a Windows 7 Home Prem OA Samsung Electronics licence.

Is is possible for me to install Windows from a Windows 7 Home Premium OEM DVD and use te product code from te back of the laptop?

If not: Is there any other way for me to install Windows with the product code on the back of the laptop?

I really hope someone can help me,

Reumes

2. hbhb

hbhb MDL Expert

Dec 15, 2010
  3. mongen

mongen MDL Junior Member

Jun 14, 2009
    In the past, I considered doing the same with an Asus lappy, but ended up just installing Win 7 Ultimate from here and activated with Daz Loader. Much easier.

4. hbhb

hbhb MDL Expert

Dec 15, 2010
    just did my Asus a little while ago, i extracted the cert and went on with reinstall and used key from here

5. reumes

reumes MDL Novice

Jun 9, 2011
    Thank you guys for your replies.

1 More question:

If I make a backup of make new clean Windows 7 setup with Samsung Recovery sofware, would I be able to replace the original image on the hidden partition with the new one?

6. cenahum

cenahum MDL Novice

May 15, 2011
    Hi,
    First I would like to say that I'm not an expert, I'm just a student and a very curious person.

I was reading and trying to learn about windows 7 recoveries and I have 2 links that I think that maybe can help in the question here.

As I do not know if we can write links here (I need to look at the rules about this) I will write how you will find them looking at Google.

First look for "Windows 7 - System Repair Disc - Create" in Google you will find help and then you can also look for "Download Windows 7 System Recovery Discs" in Google that you will find another adress that can be your answer.

I hope that this can help you

Bone chance!!

Enjoy

cenahum

7. DAz999

DAz999 MDL Member

May 19, 2007
  8. reumes

reumes MDL Novice

Jun 9, 2011
    #8 reumes, Jun 14, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2011
    (OP)
    Thank you for all your replies!

I now have made a new clean install of Windows 7. Using the certificate i made with OEMDump I succesfully activated my Windows and it is running without any problems for a few days now. I didn't delete te recovery partition yet. All drivers etc installed succesfully too.

I installed Samsung Recovery again too, bacause i thought it could be easy to make a recovery image of my new clean install. But when i opened the recovery program, it showed al my older backups. This is weird because i removed all of them and this could get confusing when i ever want to restore a backup.

A friend of mine said EASEUS Backup Todo is a good free alternative for recovery software, any of you have experience with this program?

9. hbhb

hbhb MDL Expert

Dec 15, 2010
    Glad to hear all went well, and always +1 for ACRSN