windows 7 restart at windows is loading

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by test004, May 17, 2012.

1. test004

test004 MDL Member

Oct 21, 2009
    hello im facing one problem which is when windows 7 starts and shows 'windows is loading' with the logo of windows 7 immediately forced restarts and it asks me to choose between windows 7 repair (something like that) and normal load
    at the past i choosed the repair options but it found no problems if i choose normal mode it starts normally and all work 100% correct
    so the problem comes when im first starting the pc after the crash always loading normally.
    i have a friend which facing the same problem but not so frequently like me
    i think that the problem is happening just of the nvidia drivers.. but im not sure
    i would like to read your opinions
    my motherboard is p67a-gd55
    my graphic card is nvidia geforce gtx 550 ti
    all my drivers are up to date
    also no hardware change at all

2. PhaseDoubt

PhaseDoubt MDL Expert

Dec 24, 2011
    If you think your video driver is causing the problem, uninstall it and restart your computer. Windows will use generic type drivers to run the video card and if you still have your problem you've eliminated the nVidia driver as the problem's source. If the problem is gone then you've likely found the problem.

Or you could start the machine is Safe Mode to see if a driver is the problem.

Are you using an nVidia driver downloaded from their website? If so, you might want to set Windows Update to get drivers, uninstall that nVidia driver and let WU install the driver. If you're using the WU suggested driver, uninstall it and get the latest from the nVidia site.

It's all a guessing game and you need to start eliminating possibilities. At this point you can't rule out the need to wipe the drive and reinstall the OS or hardware issues. But you have to start somewhere and if you think the cause is a driver ... start there.