Windows 7 Restarts On Start Up

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by iMPossibl, Aug 24, 2012.

1. iMPossibl

iMPossibl MDL Member

Apr 11, 2011
    #1 iMPossibl, Aug 24, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2012
    It loads everything once I log in, but for around 1 minute I see lots of weird pixels in the top right corner.. (when I drag my mouse across it it changes)

I can load safe mode with networking, this all happened after some relatives got on the comp.. I think they were on youtube..

Also I set the PC to power save mode and in AMD control center, set it to 800mhz.. I can't change that in Safe Mode

EDIT: There seems to be alot of dead pixels then a few seconds later, a dark blue screen with blue barely visible lines running down it

2. iMPossibl

iMPossibl MDL Member

Apr 11, 2011
    #3 iMPossibl, Aug 24, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
    (OP)
    No the problem is it loads but there are funny pixels on the top right corners... when I try to start firefox I crash with a dark blue screen with orange?ish lines down it. None the less will try to fix using BootRec

EDIT:

Boot Rec didn't work at all, I tried fixing MBR and the Boot records option.. start up repair didn't find anything, AND worst of all I couldn't use system restore, because after 10 minutes it errror'd on me.

Now I get a black screen upon logging and have to hit the reset switch on my tower.

I also used EasyBCD to re-create boot files.. nothing worked.

I also hit F8 and used "last good known configuration" I had thought that worked when start up was incredibly fast (like before) but I had a black screen after log in

OKAY: Found the problem.. It is most definitely my Graphics card; the XFX 6870 I went into safe mode and uninstalled it, it boots successfully and everything works.. (in a crap little 800x600 way) so now there driver has installed and after reboot I will tell you if I have fixed my problems

Code:
    Problem signature:
      Problem Event Name:BlueScreen
      OS Version:6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
      Locale ID:2057

Additional information about the problem:
      BCCode:124
      BCP1:0000000000000000
      BCP2:FFFFFA8007AB5038
      BCP3:0000000000000000
      BCP4:0000000000000000
      OS Version:6_1_7601
      Service Pack:1_0
      Product:256_1

Files that help describe the problem:
      C:\Windows\Minidump\082412-29608-01.dmp
      C:\Users\Robi\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-54569-0.sysdata.xml

The problem lies within my graphics card, as when removed and using Internal it works fine.

3. supaduper

supaduper MDL Member

Jul 3, 2011
    I was beginnig to think overheating graphic card when I read your post,obviously its got a big ol` fan on that baby so make sure thats functioning or if you can take it apart and check the heat sink and replace the thermal paste,just throwing some ideas at you.
    otherwise is it in warranty ? and at least its not your motherboard and its a straight swap out with another PCI express graphics card

4. iMPossibl

iMPossibl MDL Member

Apr 11, 2011
    Everything works fine with my internal graphics, exactly as before.. Oh and my XFX DD 6870 has two big ol' fans xD

They were.. a bit dusty when I took them out? I don't know if this is common but it's only a few weeks old :aglerks:

And yeah Im writing a support ticket to XFX now, let's hope they help, apparently they have amazing warranty service.. ;)

It's not overheating coz everything is spinning fine.. and I can't take out the heatsink otherwise I would void the warranty, other wise I could of use some of that darned MX-2 I never use xD

5. Computers Plus

Computers Plus MDL Junior Member

Aug 16, 2012
    it's bad memory on the video card your gonna need a replacement for sure

6. supaduper

supaduper MDL Member

Jul 3, 2011
    Two DD`s to cool that mother ! wow that GPU must get hotter than the center of the sun!:biggrin:
    Great to hear you are still in warranty so no probs on a replacement ;)

7. iMPossibl

iMPossibl MDL Member

Apr 11, 2011
    #8 iMPossibl, Aug 24, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2012
    (OP)
    Wait.. what? How do you know it's bad memory lol?

@supaduper

Yaah it does get pretty hot, and noisy! Thank god I have good closed-ear headphones

EDIT: Apparently I am getting video card artifacts.. gonna tell XFX

8. Computers Plus

Computers Plus MDL Junior Member

Aug 16, 2012
    I have dealt with this before it's usually faulty ram on the card itself which can cause artifacts like what your seeing

9. iMPossibl

iMPossibl MDL Member

Apr 11, 2011
    Oh okay.

I'm waiting for a response from XFX.. hopefully they have good service, and RMA it ASAP.