Windows 7 restore disk problem !

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Erwan, Feb 24, 2012.

1. Erwan

Erwan MDL Novice

Oct 30, 2011
    Hi,
    I've bought via E**y a set of restore disk.
    The seller doesn't mention in his auction it was intend for HP Compaq 8100 Elite and i own myself a laptop DV6241eu so it doesn't work.
    Is there a way to go through this or is it just useless ?
    Thanks for your support in helping me, if you need any additionals informations just ask !

2. redroad

redroad MDL Guru

Dec 2, 2011
    #2 redroad, Feb 24, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2012
    More info. Are you currently able to boot present OS? Is the OS installed windows 7?

Edit: I see your machine never came with windows 7 as an option so really there is no HP restore disk.

3. brobin

brobin MDL Novice

Feb 25, 2012
    With my experience of using HP I doubt it will work.

4. venu

venu MDL Addicted

Oct 16, 2009
    If the hardware of the 2 models (8100 elite and the one you own) is close enough, the restore disk may work. Except that where the hardware is different, you'll need to download drivers separately because the restore disk drivers wouldnt work. Also windows wont auto-activate if your bios isnt slic-ed to 2.1.

But as Brobin said the disk may refuse to proceed at all.

On the whole, it makes sense to download a clean iso, then install windows, drivers and apps and activate with the Daz loader.

5. PhaseDoubt

PhaseDoubt MDL Expert

Dec 24, 2011
    caveat emptor

You're going to be far ahead of the game by downloading the OS you need/want via links available from this forum and then doing a proper rebuild of your system. Once you get to the stable system you desire, make a system image.