Windows 7 Retail or OEM?

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Sptz, Oct 28, 2009.

1. Sptz

Sptz MDL Novice

Oct 28, 2009
    I've been reading a lot in this forum but decided to register today since I have a simple question that I couldn't gather an answer just from reading without asking.

What is the "safest" Windows 7 version to download and the most keen on working with a loader? OEM or Retail? I have a custom built PC, no laptops or anything.

Just this simple question,

Thanks in advance.

Cheers!

2. el6

el6 MDL Novice

Jan 31, 2008
    #2 el6, Oct 28, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2017
  3. 911medic

911medic MDL Guru

Aug 13, 2008
    Good luck finding an OEM version, they will likely be altered to seem OEM. The RTM is the best one currently. If you can find an upload of the signature DVD it will likely be the most current.I think you will see no difference in the lot....

I know of no "Official" OEM DVDs out currently...:cool:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Phazor

Phazor MDL Expert

Sep 1, 2009
    He probably means the OEM and Retail 'versions' of the RTM.

Short Answer: No Difference.

If you delete the ei.cfg from the sources folder then you have the same thing in both cases...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Sptz

Sptz MDL Novice

Oct 28, 2009
    Yeah, I was talking about the RTM, which I downloaded from the sticky thread through a direct link. Speaking of which there is no virtual differences between the retail version that is in stores with the rtm retail right? It's basically the same but just in a package and with a legit activation right?

6. Lich King

Lich King MDL Addicted

Sep 24, 2009
    RTM = Retail = OEM = No Difference

they all r capable of reading slics..

7. robalm

robalm MDL Senior Member

Oct 21, 2009
    If you use Retail you don t have to use a loader to activate, just type a retail key and use the tele activation ^^

8. ripee

ripee MDL Junior Member

Jun 26, 2009
    You wouldn't have to use a loader but you'd have to pay for the retail key... I'm just saying...

9. tuvi123

tuvi123 MDL Addicted

Jul 29, 2009
    OEM and RETAIL "versions" have the same files, it does not mattter which one you downloaded, you can change from OEM to RETAIL by changing the channel in ei.cfg file and vice versa.
    the main "differences" are the EULA, price, packaging, and service, but it does not matter if you download it (if you plan to buy, go with OEM because it's cheaper than RETAIL)