Windows 7 retail pack and loader

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by conservative, Mar 26, 2011.

1. conservative

conservative MDL Novice

Mar 24, 2011
    Hi all sages here,

After googling it appears that you can activate only OEM Gold copy with win7 loader as they look for OEM marker(Big manufacturer)

-However many thread here claim that you can use loder on any version,OEM(system builder) OEm(Gold) or retail.

-My question is very specific , can/should I purchase a Legal Win-7 Retail home prem/prof/ultimate DVD and use it on multiple computer and activate it by win 7 loader.( it will save $)

as the copy of win-7 i am having it appears to build 6.1.7600.16385 (win7_rtm.090713-1255)
    however its hash(MD5) is not matching with the results on internet.

_conservative

2. tcntad

tcntad MDL Guru

Oct 26, 2009
    Excuse me for laughing haha but why would you purchase a DVD in store and then use Windows loader ? You wont save anything.
    If you want to buy a DVD, buy an OEM then:)

Well Im not sure if Im following you but Im not sure if yore 100% right.

If you buy/download a medium it can be activated anyhow, windows loader, key Bios mod or whatever. OEM Gold copy is probably nothing more then a copy
    to preactivate windows 7 on computers that has SLIC 2.1 in BIOS. If you dont you can use Windows loader to (pre- if you want) activate it or your own key.

If the SHA-1 doesnt match the genuine ones, download from here:)

Note: There is no such thing as retail, oem today. Its all decided by the licensekey.

3. conservative

conservative MDL Novice

Mar 24, 2011
    why I have posted this qustion, the reason are,
    I have twice downloded DVD iso but hash is failing.
    i got hands on one DVD iso( source unknown), its hash is also failing.
    -However I faced no problem in installation procedure and windows is up and running,

- I fear downloding from digital river( direct downloding) as my IP can be used to track .

so this idea came to me, get one legit copy( at least it wont be compromised with malwares or patched kernel) use it many times.

-conservative

4. simonhwsn

simonhwsn MDL Novice

Mar 23, 2011
    Is he being paranoic or is it true? :rolleyes:

5. rasputinuk

rasputinuk MDL Member

May 21, 2007
    Since it's perfectly legal to download from digital river you should have no worries about tracking ect. It's the license to use WIndows 7 you have to pay for not the actual download...
    Of course what you do with the download after is subject to your own consience I.E pay for a license or use a BIOS hack or loader...:rolleyes:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...