Windows 7 RTM Permanent activation?

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by johnny2, Aug 29, 2009.

1. johnny2

johnny2 MDL Novice

Aug 29, 2009
    Hi, I downloaded Windows 7 RTM 7600, and used the tokens.dat/pkeyconfig crack and then I used windows 7 toolkit which said my machine was permanently activated. Also on the winver thing it doesnt have an expiry date. Does this mean its permanently activated? Or does it still expire like june next year?

Thanks if anyone can help.

2. Joe45

Joe45 MDL Junior Member

May 17, 2009
    WTF?? i tought microsoft bloqued the Windows 7 toolkit 1.8 activation,and that activation method is too old ... (As result that windows defender send the program to microsoft without your permision because it suspicios for him).You should delete your activation,by using slmgr -cpky an slmgr -upk and use another software like Windows 7loader 1.5 to activate permanently , because in a max of 3 days you will se again in System tab "xx days remaiining to activate Windows"

3. johnny2

johnny2 MDL Novice

Aug 29, 2009
    I replaced my pkeyconfig.xrm-ms and tokens.dat and activated it. The toolkit 1.7 had a diagnostic tool that let me check the activation status.

4. 911medic

911medic MDL Guru

Aug 13, 2008
    It means it is now a RC install. Why would you use that method????:eek:;)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. johnny2

johnny2 MDL Novice

Aug 29, 2009
    It says permanent activation though, unlike the normal RC installs which have an expiry date, so are there any other disadvantages to RC install? I can get updates, install programs, and it says Genuine, Activated, and permanent.

6. Reign_Of_Freedom

Reign_Of_Freedom MDL Expert

Aug 1, 2009
    It might say that now but, have you tried to fast foward your pc say to December 2010?