Windows 7 sleep/standby problem

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by altrego99, Jun 8, 2010.

1. altrego99

altrego99 MDL Novice

Jun 7, 2010
    When I use standby, most of the time it goes to standby within about 15 seconds. However, sometimes - pretty much randomly - it misbehaves and does not standby properly. The following happens instead -

1. Monitor goes to sleep
    2. Keyboard goes to sleep
    3. CPU light is on, hard disk blinks from time to time
    4. Router shows active LAN connection. However when I query the router for attached devices, it does not show the computer.

And then there is nothing else to do but reboot the computer. When I reboot, it says Windows did not shutdown normally last time.

Also it may be a coincidence, but it always happened so far with uTorrent downloading a file, and I have checked 'Prevent standby if there are active torrents' option on.

I have turned 'Hybrid' sleep off, so that hibernation is ruled out. If you have any suggestions please tell me!

Thanks

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. altrego99

altrego99 MDL Novice

Jun 7, 2010
    The problem in the previous thread was slightly different from this one. Please delete the thread if you do not approve.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. dgriff20

dgriff20 MDL Junior Member

Apr 22, 2008
    Please check your first thread, it might help.

4. altrego99

altrego99 MDL Novice

Jun 7, 2010
    Thanks dgriff. If there is any moderator reading this, may I please request to delete this thread. I was very tired when I created this, and looking at it now it doesn't seem that I needed to create another thread.