Windows 7 snipping tool and itunes problem

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Lich King, Oct 10, 2009.

1. Lich King

Lich King MDL Addicted

Sep 24, 2009
    Hi everyone..

I've basically two problems..

1. When i use snipping tool and try to save i get the message "You do not have the administrator rights to save this file in this network location"

2. Whenever i try to open my itunes i get the messege "Your library cannot be saved as i don't have the administrator previllage"

Although i'm the administrator of the computer and it only happens when i'm using "eset nod32 4.0.0.467" latest version..
    Any idea, what might cause this problem.. i can't change my anti-virus coz i'm using the legit one..

Thanks a lot MDL members.. looking froward for ur help..

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Reign_Of_Freedom

Reign_Of_Freedom MDL Expert

Aug 1, 2009
    Sounds like a Eset problem. Have you tried to contact Eset support? If all else fails roll back to the previous Eset Version until they can get it sorted out.

3. Lich King

Lich King MDL Addicted

Sep 24, 2009
    No i hvn't contacted them yet.. man, i'm in dilemma..
    I've this administrator problem with new version and firewall problem in previous version coz sometimes it keeps blocking my internet connection..
    I've eset smart security license.. so, can't use eset antivirus..
    And, only previous version of eset antivirus seems to work perfect but again, no license for antivirus product..

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. twiz

twiz MDL Senior Member

Jul 30, 2009
    eset sucks... I had SO many issues with that it's not even funny.

Get something like Avast or Avira or any number of the other tools/suites out there that do the same thing only without the issues that eset has.

5. Reign_Of_Freedom

Reign_Of_Freedom MDL Expert

Aug 1, 2009
    Eset makes a great AV but they should never be allowed to make firewalls lol.

6. NawtyBoy

NawtyBoy MDL Novice

Aug 13, 2009
    I am using ESET A/V not Security Suite.

And It works great, Try Disabling the Firewall and see if that Helps. Thats the only choice i guess lol

7. Lich King

Lich King MDL Addicted

Sep 24, 2009
    this is happening with both "Smart Security" as well as "Nod32 Antivirus" in the new version only.. otherwise, it's fine in the previous version..

8. NawtyBoy

NawtyBoy MDL Novice

Aug 13, 2009
    So roll back to the previous version mate.

And wait some more days, ESET will release an updated version and things will work great.

9. Lich King

Lich King MDL Addicted

Sep 24, 2009
    I can only roll back to eset smart security coz i don't hv the license for anti-virus product..

"ll let u know if everything goes fine with previous version.. thanx :D

10. dlonra

dlonra MDL Novice

Aug 14, 2009
    Wisdom Screenhunter

Use Screenhunter instead of SnippingTool !

11. sam3971

sam3971 MDL Guru

Nov 14, 2008
    Download the latest version of ESET Smart Security Or Anti-Virus. 4.0.63 does not support win7 but the made a build that does. Get 4.0.67 dude. You can google which one or you can get it from ESET diretly either by using a key or a trial version of you have it cracked. BTW if you can get a user/pass from a program like from login viewer or something like that you can get the paid version by typing in that info mate.

12. kaos420

kaos420 MDL Senior Member

Jul 30, 2009
    eset nod32 v4 is great. Including the firewall. the thing is its more for interactive use.You need to know how to set it up. Only ever had two issues with it. Those were related to setting up sharing permission over my network. But figured it out. If you set it to interactive filtering it will have much better results for you. I run it on all 3 of my machines.

Plus +1 Agree fully.

13. Lich King

Lich King MDL Addicted

Sep 24, 2009
    Let's see.. i'm running my firewall under interactive mode now.. 'll watch for few hours..