Windows 7 software failed to load

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Confused.com, Apr 2, 2010.

1. Confused.com

Confused.com MDL Novice

Apr 2, 2010
    Hi all , I've tried various methods off here and still I am confused as heck :confused: We confiscated our daughters Acer Aspire X3812 desktop before we'd had chance to do a recovery disk / disks thinking that nothing could go wrong .... When she got it back windows 7 failed to load !!! I've downloaded the Acer recovery disk and the loader program from Daz but still the system just goes to the blue background with the bird and nothing else. The acer Erecovery program sticks on the spinning circle .... am I right in thinking the whole OS has been deleted somehow (eg by a virus whilst she was using it b4 ??). When I ran the Daz loader x64 recovery it asked me for language etc then nothing happened ....
    Has anyone got any idea please as to the solution ... this is basically my last resort b4 I give up :worthy: .....
    Its almost like the programs or recovery disk have nothing to "connect" to on the hard drive ..... do I have to repartition the drive and if so how please. I really am stuck after 4 hours researching and applying possible solutions to no avail ....:(

Thx in advance.

2. Confused.com

Confused.com MDL Novice

Apr 2, 2010
    Thx v much timesurfer ..... excuse my lack of knowledge but when you say reinstall RTM .... what does RTM relate to please ..... also when the Daz loader is used how will this work in relation to Windows 7 OS in that there won't be one on the hard-drive etc .... sorry to be a pain ....

3. Superfly

Superfly MDL Expert

Jan 12, 2010
    you see da bird and nothing else? don't worry the OS is stll there - try repair start up via the DVD

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Confused.com

Confused.com MDL Novice

Apr 2, 2010
    I think i've got a system stuck in the continual cycle of reboot to the start windows normally / repair computer or it shows blue screen and thats as far as it goes. I tried the recovery cd for acer on my laptop and got options but it won't bring the screen up on the acer .... the Erecovery won't work and nothing I put in the DVD rom comes up with options except the Daz loader ... the first 3 options to start end up as a dead end on the Erecovery screen .... and the x64 recovery asks for option then doesn't proceed any further.... :(

5. timesurfer

timesurfer MDL Developer

Nov 22, 2009
    #6 timesurfer, Apr 2, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2010
    I'm just trying to get you to clear your hdd to all 0's so when you install 7 and use loader it will be placed better with no weird partitions to muck it up.

You could try to put in repair disc like Whazzupsuperfly suggested then go to cmd console the enter the commands in repository in Section 6-H and that will clear any loader but I was just trying to start you off fresh and such.

RTM is the ISO in repository both 32 and 64bit

6. Whiznot

Whiznot MDL Member

Nov 5, 2009
    #7 Whiznot, Apr 2, 2010
    RTM stands for Release To Manufacturer referring to the Windows 7 ISO available to OEMs. The ISO is an image file that is used to copy the Windows 7 installation folders to DVD or a flash drive for installation.

Apparently Windows 7 was pre-installed and you have a valid COA sticker and key attached to the unit. If so, you have no need for loaders or WAT hacks.

There are three possible problem sources, (1) user error (2) faulty software or software media or (3) malfunctioning hardware. A hardware problem is least likely.

Have you tried contacting Acer support?

7. timesurfer

timesurfer MDL Developer

Nov 22, 2009
    lol...I figured since he was using loader it was RTM. And I think the M stands for manufacturer. Maybe your right about a hardware problem. The OP should tell us more about the situation and his computer and OS

8. Whiznot

Whiznot MDL Member

Nov 5, 2009
    #9 Whiznot, Apr 2, 2010
    Here are Acer's eRecovery instructions for returning the unit to original configuration from the recovery partition. No other media should be needed. If you tried the procedure below without success you might have a hard drive failure.

Q: How to use Acer eRecovery

A:

Note: These steps will return the system to the original factory installation including all factory installed drivers and applications.
    Back up all data prior to using this procedure.

1. Plug in the AC adapter and battery.
    2. Turn the system on
    3. Immediately, press ALT on the keyboard and start tapping F10.
    Continue holding ALT and tapping F10 as the unit boots up.
    4. A screen stating "Starting Acer Erecovery" should appear.
    (Release ALT and stop tapping F10 at this point)
    5. There will be 4 options:
    1. Restore system to factory default
    2. Restore system from user backup
    3. Restore system from cd/dvd
    4. Exit

Restore system to factory default

1. Enter the password created when eRecovery was first started.
    2. Read the on-screen warning and choose Yes.
    3. Click Next. The recovery process will start.

9. Confused.com

Confused.com MDL Novice

Apr 2, 2010
    #10 Confused.com, Apr 2, 2010
    (OP)

Hi yes we contacted Acer support but they just pointed us to Erecovery ..... doesn't work as I mentioned. Therefore is there anything else they could help with other than taking it away to look at. Its under guarantee but if its not hardware then will they charge to put software back to Factory Settings or will they just send it back to us and say they don't cover software. Our local PC World said they could sort it for £70 if software problem but we'd rather do it cheaper if we could. The Acer was bought by her real father who can't have contact so we don't even know where it was bought as he didn't put receipt in with present (sighs) ....

Thx again for all your help ..... timesurfer ..... are you the same timesurfer as on isoh..t ...... if so I have an Ult. W7 that I could put onto the acer if I follow the return to 000's you mentioned ... as I have a disk with the drivers for Acer I downloaded .... everytime I put any disk in DVD drive it gets me back to the screen with bird on and thats it ...

Thinking about it the Acer is the 64 bit W7 , whereas I have a 32 bit Ult version ..... the original on the Acer was pre - installed W7 Home edition.

10. timesurfer

timesurfer MDL Developer

Nov 22, 2009