Windows 7 Sony VAIO - Need Help!

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by littledebbie, Oct 26, 2009.

1. littledebbie

littledebbie MDL Member

Aug 30, 2009
    Hey everyone. So, I installed Windows 7 Professional on my Sony Vaio (VGN-FW140E) and it works pretty well...However...

I went on to Sony's Website and they do not have Windows 7 Drivers for my model.

So, I cannot adjust my brightness of my computer, or use the volume controls, or any of the Function key combinations...

I have a bad feeling, that my computer is going to be considered "too old" and that I will not be able to get Windows 7 drivers for my machine, which is outrageous, given the laptop is only a year or so old..

Is there anything I can do in the mean time? I mean..I do want to be able to adjust my brightness and use the hotkeys that Sony Vaio has, but when I try to install the vista drivers, it tells me a thousand times that the battery is not compatible, and makes me shut down or whatever.

If anyone has any information or insight, I would deeply appreciate it.

Thank you very much

2. FireSokar

FireSokar MDL Member

May 1, 2009
    Use the vista driver, thats all I did before 7 drivers cameout. Install the shared components then Event Service.

3. littledebbie

littledebbie MDL Member

Aug 30, 2009
    Can you show me what you're talking about? Because I tried using the vista drivers:

Sony Shared Library
    and
    Notebook Utilities

and it told me all the time that my battery was incompatible with my computer, so I had to get rid of it

4. fan01

fan01 MDL Novice

Sep 18, 2009
    I bought a Vaio in August and got a free upgrade to win 7.

It should arrive this week. Will post after I get the package.

5. sam3971

sam3971 MDL Guru

Nov 14, 2008
    Yea, you should be ok with the Vista drivers dude. I cannot guarantee anything all I know is that all the drivers I use on my pc are Vista/Win7 Drivers so there really is no big difference. It is the same way with Win2000/XP drivers as well.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. dokapp2111

dokapp2111 MDL Junior Member

Oct 21, 2009
    Maybe you have to run it in compat. mode. It was the same thing with my acer and the realtek driver. If you download them from the Sony Homepage, use it in the compat. mode "Windows Vista SP1".

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...