Windows 7 Starter upgrade to Ultimate on Acer Aspire One D250

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by lucaze, Jan 7, 2010.

1. lucaze

lucaze MDL Novice

Jan 7, 2010
    Hi guys,
    at Xmas I have recived an ACER Aspire One D250 notebook with Windows 7 Starter installed.
    I would like to upgrade it to Ultimate without re-installing everything: I have already looked around this forum for a doc/guide but so far I could not find anything.

Can you be so kind as to help me with this please?
    Thank you so much in advance
    Luca

2. Dolorous Edd

Dolorous Edd MDL Expert

Aug 31, 2009
    Find an ultimate key, preferably acer from the repository sticky. Start anytime upgrade (by typing anytime upgrade in the start menu, or in system properties I believe). Insert the acer ultimate slp key in the box, click OK or next or whatever it is and wait about ten minutes, after a reboot or two you will have ultimate.

Of course this information is for educational purposes only.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. lucaze

lucaze MDL Novice

Jan 7, 2010
    Thank you so much!

4. TAZMANUK

TAZMANUK MDL Novice

Mar 11, 2008
    How would this work on a windows 7 home edition? and if the pc was a self built pc as i have a asus mobo inside and a legal windows 7 home version

how can i upgrade to ultimate from the anytime upgrade?

5. Dolorous Edd

Dolorous Edd MDL Expert

Aug 31, 2009
    You would need a retail key to legitimatley upgrade to ultimate. To get ultimate any other way? well, the information is here, check the stickies.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. TAZMANUK

TAZMANUK MDL Novice

Mar 11, 2008
    Still stuck, anyone send me a pm message on this please

7. Dolorous Edd

Dolorous Edd MDL Expert

Aug 31, 2009
    This is for SLP activations ONLY, will not work on retail activations. Actually it would work on retail with a legit, ultimate retail key that would then have to be activated (automatically done during the process I believe).

If you did an anytime upgrade with an SLP key you would not be able to activate it, not sure if it would even allow you to do it (no reason to try it).

8. PlutoNash

PlutoNash MDL Junior Member

Jun 17, 2007
    Would anyone care to share the certificate from this exact Acer model? I have tried all the Acer 2.1 certificates in this forum, but Win7 still won't activate (has been OK for a while, but now reports otherwise :/ )

9. tcntad

tcntad MDL Guru

Oct 26, 2009
    Does the computer have slic 2.1 then?

There arent many certificates from Acer...