Windows 7 strangeness

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by TheDevilYouKnow, Mar 1, 2010.

1. TheDevilYouKnow

TheDevilYouKnow MDL Junior Member

Oct 27, 2009
  2. TheDevilYouKnow

Oct 27, 2009
    I also noticed that my SLIC status has been "invalidated" ...does that mean I need a new bios flash?

3. tcntad

tcntad MDL Guru

Oct 26, 2009
    Both of you:

Have you even tried doing the procedure over again ? the parth with cert and key?
    Its always a start..

4. TheDevilYouKnow

Oct 27, 2009
    I installed both manually per the BIOS hack tutorial using the slmgr commands...When I re-do these I will use the opa tool in advanced mode this time ( after I re-arm - lol)...will let you know what
    happened.

5. NoJuan999

NoJuan999 Experienced SLIC Tool Operator

Jul 31, 2009
    #6 NoJuan999, Mar 2, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2010
    The RED != next to Marker (which does NOT match the Pubkey like it should) is the problem.
    Either you can reflash the Bios mod with a method that will fully update the Bios (so Pubkey and Marker Match)
    or you need a New Bios mod that changes that Marker Properly.

You should look in the thread where you got the MOD and see how others Flashed that Type BIOS.
    Many times it is just a matter of using the correct Switches with the proper Flash Utility.

6. sam3971

sam3971 MDL Guru

Nov 14, 2008
    try a different bios mod dude. Most likely the slic insert process had a minor issue which is leading to your problem. All of the slic dump toolkit IDs should be green not red.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. TheDevilYouKnow

Oct 27, 2009
    There are multiple bios mods? The only one I know of is the method in the tutorial...Maybe I need a different modded bios version or maybe a better version of my current modded bios?