Windows 7 Stuck after Daz Loader 1.7.0

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by griebs, Apr 11, 2010.

1. griebs

griebs MDL Novice

Apr 11, 2010
    After trying unsuccessfully to activate W7 32-bit with Hazar 1.6 (did not work on my HP/Compaq NC6400), I tried Daz W7L 1.7.0. Now, I get the blinking cursor upon bootup-- no Windows screen-- immediately after the HP bios logo.

Have tried pressing "R" to no avail. I've got lots of important files and have only 1 day to activate W7, so I need HELP. Afraid to install W7 again overtop the existing one via the boot disk I made.

Thanks all.

2. timesurfer

timesurfer MDL Developer

Nov 22, 2009
    Reboot then get into bios with whatever F-key works for you like F10 or F2 then set your boot order to your media that you installed 7 with then restart and follow instructions in Section 6-H in repository

3. Daz

Daz MDL Developer / Admin
    Staff Member

Jul 31, 2009
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. griebs

griebs MDL Novice

Apr 11, 2010
    "command bootsect.exe /nt60 all" did the trick. However, the problem persists even with v1.7.9 under Alternative Mode and Forceful Mode. "C" or "R" do nothing.

Guess I'll just reset the activation every 30 days. WTF is wrong with my system? This is the second time I've installed W7 on this computer (both after fresh formats). Both times, same issue.

Thanks for your help, fellas.

5. robinwilson16

robinwilson16 MDL Novice

Aug 15, 2009
    Possible Resolution

Hello

I think the problem is if you have other drives attached to your system and the loader gets mixed up about which is your system drive or something like that.

What has fixed it in each case for me so far is to unplug any memory card adaptors or external hard drives. In some cases the memoy card readers are internal and need to be unplugged from the motherboard.

It isn't fixed in 1.83 as I had the same issue with that. Unplugging the memory card reader fixed it though and is now showing as genuine (with the WAT update installed as well).

Hope it helps.

Robin