Windows 7 Ultimate Activation on UEFI

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by manos_slimshady, Feb 1, 2015.

1. manos_slimshady

manos_slimshady MDL Novice

Feb 1, 2015
    Ok, so I have two choices: Either MS Toolkit, or BIOS (UEFI) modifying. I have some major questions though:

1) Microsoft Toolkit 2.5.3 extends the Windows' trial period to 180 days and activates completely Microsoft Office?

2) If I choose the BIOS method, I'll just have to run some commands in cmd with the certificate and the OEM key numbers and that's it? (supposedly having already an SLIC 2.1)

3) Can I use this method (BIOS mod) in a non-OEM PC, meaning a system I've built myself?

4) Which way of activating Windows do you recommend anyway?

Some help please :p Thanks!

2. Aninvitedsoul

Aninvitedsoul MDL Senior Member

Sep 14, 2012
    #2 Aninvitedsoul, Feb 1, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2015
    I would recommend asking Tito about bios mod cause he's a real expert and also other experts in the mod section.Bios mod is for OSs installed by computers manufacturers ; 'OEM'.BUT you should have the good knowledge if you are going to flash your bios with a modded one.BTW there is a way to
    extend trial for as long as you like but do some reading in the forums and you'll find it.Good Luck.;)

Edit:I'm sure you may get more detailed answers from experts of the forum.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. manos_slimshady

Feb 1, 2015
    I think that if you enable the Auto-KMS in the MS Toolkit it's going to run when it's required in order to keep your Windows activated. I've done some reading about the BIOS mod (actually UEFI), and what I've figured out is that you have to inject an SLIC 2.1 -in my case-, then a certificate that matches another one (that's what i've misunderstood, cause if the pc is self-built, then there's no existing cert.) and then a valid OEM SLP key.

4. LostED

LostED SVF Patch Lover

Jul 30, 2009
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Aninvitedsoul

Sep 14, 2012
  6. Aninvitedsoul

Sep 14, 2012
    Now it clear it's a self built PC.So the soulution is so obvious and rather easy.Activate..M8.;)

7. manos_slimshady

Feb 1, 2015
    Actually, that's not the problem.. The problerm is that I have a GPT driver (it's written in the title -> UEFI) and Daz supports only MBR (and will always). But even if I could use it, the virus scan shows adequate malware to deter me from installing it. It's neither 1 or 2 or 5. It's 17

8. Aninvitedsoul

Sep 14, 2012
  9. Aninvitedsoul

Sep 14, 2012
  10. leebo_28

leebo_28 MDL Senior Member

Jun 12, 2011
    Absolutely..98se , windows XP pro , windows 7 Ultimate , Home Server 2011. Haven't purchased server2012 but i have it in use and activated with oem/slic2.2 ..probably go for the r2 version when i'm able to make that purchase.

My previous post was oozing with sarcasm..atleast I thought it was clear :)

11. EFA11

EFA11 Avatar Guru

Oct 7, 2010
    what R2 version are you considering Leebo?

12. Aninvitedsoul

Sep 14, 2012
    #13 Aninvitedsoul, Feb 2, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2015
    Yes clear it was clear.LoL :).As long as it's trusted and tested,it's fine then.Cheers.

13. leebo_28

Jun 12, 2011
    2012r2 , I love the feel and smoothness of 2012 , I'm not a quick learner by any means but to me , I have gotten twice as far as i have using 2008r2 .

14. manos_slimshady

Feb 1, 2015
    I said that it's a self built PC from the very first time I did this post. Look at my third question on the original first post. And I was answering to lostED about the gpt drive cauz he said that the problem is that I don't trust the loader. I was not referring to you. Anyway thanks for helping! :)

15. manos_slimshady

Feb 1, 2015
    M8 stands for mate? :p so you suggest modding my BIOS?

16. leebo_28

Jun 12, 2011
    1. buy it
    2. mod bios
    3. loader/ms tookit
    thats the order for me. I have two pc's with modded bios , three with purchased Os's , none using loader/toolkit .. It's possible your motherboard bios has been modded already..did you try the search? give me MB model and bios version and we will see what we can dig up:tasty:

17. EFA11

EFA11 Avatar Guru

Oct 7, 2010
    Leebo, check PM

18. manos_slimshady

Feb 1, 2015
    Actually, I'm currently building my system :p I'm purchasing the mobo soon, it's the ASUS A68hm-plus and the latest UEFI update is 601 if I am right. I just want to end up in a way and make it sure. To inject the SLIC I have to request for one?

19. manos_slimshady

Feb 1, 2015
    Modded by whom? Is it actual that you purchase a mobo itself containing an SLIC ?