Windows 7 Ultimate built 7600 - not updating any more

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Orgon, Feb 21, 2013.

1. Orgon

Orgon MDL Junior Member

Jul 10, 2011
    Hello
    Since 2010 my PC have all updates installed from 2010 -05-16 EXCEPT the malicious kb 971033 that really screwed up my OS and therefore has been categorized as HIDDEN and not active in the update history tree.At some point last summer (2012) I updated the OS and wasn’t at all aware that somewhere amongst all of the kb probably was a code with an intentional function of controlling if the actual OS is a pirated copy or not.Until then my OEM worked very well with accepting all of M$ updates, but afterwards it’s impossible to activate Windows Firewall and Windows Defender, nor is it possible to ensure a somewhat smoother operation by installing any of the updates pertaining to the easier running of the OS anymore.
    Somebody wrote that a complete wipe of the hard drive is advisable, however that option DELETES all of my business contact lists’, clears away the entire Outlook contacts and VIP mails, purges away all of my passwords (that aren’t backed up) and favorites, deletes all the 80+ varieties of personalized desktops, start screens, Aero themes, … , by downloading a new copy including SP1 and activating it through the browser in M$ IE.Then after receiving a new genuine M$ key I should enter the repair mode inserting the DVD and let the system do its’ job.
    Is there a different way to do this without the definite loss of all the extremely valuable information on the HD of 750 Gigs?
    Short history on the subject
    I ve posted this earlier here (as Win 7 Ultimate 7600 not genuine) and now need expert help with exactly how to get rid of the annoying “This copy of Windows is not genuine” message from the right hand corner on the screen. Next problem that needs to be eliminated is the fact that activating Windows either by Windows activation (in the Control Panel) is impossible as the product key – OEM – will not change even when redirected to apple.com; I don’t have an Apple computer.
    Please, I’m in need of serious help with this as my business contacts and VIP costumers will ask to receive information from me that is on the hard drive, and therefore is this of utter importance to work at top notch as it previously has before last summer 2012.
    Awaiting your help and guidance in this matter
    Thank You
    Orgon

2. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
  3. Orgon

Orgon MDL Junior Member

Jul 10, 2011
    @ urie
    I get your point with separate partition for the OS and will dedicate 40 – 50 GB.I do back up the important files to an external HDD and check prior to backing up so that no malicious infections follow to that drive.
    (The reason for the large internal drive was for gaming (additional RAM might be required to install later on), video editing, family pictures, music, copies of contracts, …; a small personal business aid on a PC.Combining this with the available possibility of using cyberspace storage @ some sort of cloud is regularly done but take time to receive the files since I’ve experienced speed issues when retrieving back those files.)
    The installation and following activation was done in late fall of 2009 on a brand new HD through a copied ISO disc, retrieved from 7loader, (including M$ Office Outlook 2007-registered in my name).Win 7 Ultimate (7600) had some time of grace with a prompt to register for activation.7loader ver1.5 was used and in the Install OEM Information-window I – stupidly – chose the nice looking Apple icon that can be applied in the System Window of the Control Panel.As mentioned M$ (or me not being aware of what action to take when some important kb with mischievously hidden counter attack to save M$ from pirates) probably found a loophole in my OS and thereby the activation became a nightmare with kb 971033(!).
    Spring of 2012 my Internet security suite wasn’t quick enough to warn me of the attack from the new Malware and Trojan virus that allowed the nasty hack to take place for a third party to clear out the entire bank account when I hit the “OK” button for a transaction to take place; this has nothing to do with Windows 7.
    Late summer 2012, after choosing which M$ update(s) to install, part of the HDD got “flushed” and the impossibility to run Windows Firewall and Windows Defender was a fact.Adding that activating OEM even through apple.com is blocked.
    Concerning the next step of using the Malwarebytes is a good option that was used early this summer with three other security suites for eliminating all type of vermin nestled in the HDD that helped the main Internet Security Suite.After that I’ll back up the VIP files before performing the repair-install (Brink from 7 forums has the right information) that will take some time to read,but will make this OS genuine.
    I’ll let you know how this works out as there’s time this weekend for this.
    Orgon

4. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    I do a scan once a week and also have it running in the background god only know what you have picked up in that long time o_O

5. Orgon

Orgon MDL Junior Member

Jul 10, 2011
    #5 Orgon, Feb 27, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2013
    (OP)
    Windows 7 Ultimate built 7600 – not updating any more
    Sorry, but the weekend had to be spent with colleagues that stayed at our house, and the planned endeavors for updating the OS was put aside.
    So far thank you all for information on where to find a file including the important SP1 for Win 7, but I forgot to precise the fact of the OS installed on the HD hasen’t got a backup USB or DVD image.Suspecting that if I open the downloaded file by extracting it through 7-Zip File Manager, then it’s not certain that the current (defect) OS on my HD Drive will accept the newly copied OS as a security (backup) copy.
    Do any of you know how to bypass that problem?

P.S
    I need a numbered list of step by step information for resolving the issues

T Y