Windows 7 Ultimate IE locks up continually?

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by delarado, Nov 5, 2009.

1. delarado

delarado MDL Novice

Sep 25, 2009
    Guys,

Ive had Windows 7 ultimate on my machine for a while now, and Internet explorer seems to continually lock up for no reason. Im using it now, so its not like it does it all day every day, but i'd estimate that every half hour of use it just stops and the "internet expllorer has to close" window comes up.

When it restarts it restores all tabs and continues as usual.

My friend who has Windows 7 said he has the same issue on his setup. Is there an update or a fix available? Is anyone else having the issue?

Thanks in advance!

2. oneextraid

oneextraid MDL Member

Jul 29, 2009
    Might try to get the current version of Adobe Flash from filehippo.com.

3. _office_

_office_ MDL Junior Member

Oct 25, 2009
    try disable all addin's && check again, i know FDM addin make problem with 'site login'

4. Vodalex

Vodalex MDL Novice

Aug 5, 2009
    Maybe you should try to install the latest updates for IE8 via Windows Update.

5. swallen

swallen MDL Novice

Aug 3, 2009
    no issue with x64 IE8 but... issue with firefox, hope they get FF x64 out fast.

6. gentoo

gentoo MDL Senior Member

Oct 6, 2009
    I have no problems with firefox on x64. Runs blazing fast.

7. Rosco

Rosco MDL Addicted

Oct 29, 2007
    I had the same problem - turned out to be a motherboard memory slot fault - luckily warranty still available - it was driving me nuts.

As it continued to get worse Explorer began to behave in the same way - freeze for various periods of time.

One day wouldn't boot at all - Diagnostic LED showed memory error code but RAM OK.

You may want to investigate this possibility - especially if it progresses and Explorer (ie the file manager) starts to act up as well.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...