Windows 7 Ultimate Not Hibernating

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by ashwin.terminator, Aug 26, 2011.

1. ashwin.terminator

ashwin.terminator MDL Novice

Aug 22, 2011
    My Windows 7 Ultimate doesn't Hibernate when I press the sleep button on my keyboard which is configured to Hibernate the computer or when I manually choose Hibernate from the Start Menu. Rather, a black screen comes up and my Monitor goes into Power Saving Mode which I think is Sleep Mode. My C drive has around 8 GB free. I've 4GB RAM with a max 2GB paging file. What's the problem?

2. x86

x86 MDL Addicted

Jul 8, 2011
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. ashwin.terminator

Aug 22, 2011
    Tried both of these methods and yes it is sleep where moving the mouse wakes up the computer. Still no luck!

4. Kouryu

Kouryu MDL Senior Member

Jan 19, 2011
    disable "hybrid sleep" in the power options

5. ashwin.terminator

Aug 22, 2011
    I did, still no luck. Still goes to sleep. :(

6. half Man Half Biscuit

half Man Half Biscuit MDL Addicted

Jun 1, 2011
    Check your Pc for malware and simular stuff,normally from CMD it should work :confused:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. ashwin.terminator

Aug 22, 2011
    Any way to 'repair' the Windows 7 Installation without having to format the drive as in the repair option which came along the XP CD?

8. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
  9. ashwin.terminator

Aug 22, 2011
    No problem with System Files Integrity. Now what? :(

10. ashwin.terminator

Aug 22, 2011
    To upgrade Windows, the Users, Program Files, and Windows directories need to be on the same partition. Upgrading when these directories are not on the same partition is not supported. Moving these directories so that they are on the same partition is also not supported. You can choose to install a new copy of Windows 7 Ultimate instead, but this is different from an upgrade, and does not keep your files, settings, and programs. You’ll need to reinstall any programs using the original installation discs or files. To save your files before installing Windows, back them up to an external location such as a CD, DVD, or external hard drive. To install a new copy of Windows 7 Ultimate, click the Back button in the upper left-hand corner, and select “Custom (advanced)”.

:mad:

11. ashwin.terminator

Aug 22, 2011
    I always knew I was smart! :D
    Anyway, so how do I fix this? :confused: