Windows 7 Ultimate or Enterprise?

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Alpenkorps, Jul 3, 2016.

1. Alpenkorps

Alpenkorps MDL Novice

Aug 31, 2012
    Dear MDL,

I am downgrading from win10 which froze a lot. Fresh win7 installed then stuck with the update taking forever while ram usage is over the sky. Finally found the simplix packs.

So I set windows update to never, disable update service. Installed simplix. Is there anything else I need to do?

Also in light of the telemetry thing, should I use Enterprise edition instead of Ultimate? I know simplix wont install telemetry but would enterprise be better overall? Enterprise>disable update>simplix?

And thanks for supporting the noob, I am not updated with the current windows 7 situation. Still reading through it.

2. kaljukass

kaljukass MDL Guru

Nov 26, 2012
    If you have such problems, it is difficult to help you. Something is rotten in capitally. Probably in the a...c. :worthy:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Alpenkorps

Alpenkorps MDL Novice

Aug 31, 2012
    My problems are solved. I've updated my win7 ultimate fresh install with simplix.

I am simply asking for advice if i should use enterprise edition instead of ultimate ... to avoid bad telemetry and win 10 related updates?

4. Emma-R

Emma-R Guest

disable the windows update service. use mbsa with offline catalogs for updates. you can cherry pick them then. use gwx control panel(or similar). i use a very slimmed down 7 ultimate 64bit, there aint much left to dial home with.

5. ofernandofilo

ofernandofilo MDL Member

Sep 26, 2015
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...