Windows 7 - Ultimate SP1 Pre-activated question

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by MattHammond, Jan 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MattHammond

MattHammond MDL Novice

Jan 24, 2014
    Hello MDL,

I've recently downloaded an Win7 image murphy78 uploaded on tpb. It installed great and it asked me weather I want a clean copy, OEM activated or Pre-activated.

I chose Pre-activated, and everything went great. I ran Windows Update, it found only a couple of updates (since I downloaded the latest Win7 version from murphy78 TPB account). I installed all the drivers, and then I went to check System Properties.

I opened it up and there on the bottom it said: "29 days to activate. Activate Windows now".

I don't understand this. I thought this was the Pre-Activated version. I tried running DAZ loader and it said it can't activate because I installed Windows on a GPT drive or I have a hidden OEM partition and I should reformat my entire drive. However I don't want to reformat, and re-install Windows from scratch.

Do you know why it says "X days to activate. Activate Windows now". Is this normal for murphys Win7 releases or should I reformat?

2. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
  3. MattHammond

MattHammond MDL Novice

Jan 24, 2014
    What about WAT Remover?

Does it work? Will it mess up my Windows installation?

4. Daz

Daz MDL Developer / Admin
    Staff Member

Jul 31, 2009
    There is no WAT remover. Anything claiming that it removes WAT actually doesn't and you end up with messed up system files and a nagging OS somewhere down the line. That's why I had to create an app (WAT Fix) to undo that mess. It's also why 98% of the loaders support thread is filled with WAT related issues.

As urie suggested, you're best off applying a BIOS mod or trying WindSLIC UEFI. The only other option is to switch to Windows 7 Pro or Enterprise and then you can use something like Cody's MS Toolkit.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    And Daz, I will close this thread at that enough information given to sort out the problem and especially referring to murphy78 dvd's they are getting back to this forum even though links are not posted here :(