Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 x64 How to Integrate .net 4.5.1

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by sparks79, Jan 26, 2014.

1. sparks79

sparks79 MDL Novice

Sep 23, 2009
    I have a copy of ( Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 x64 ) by Murphy78.
    This is an absolutely Brilliant Copy.
    Anyway I get annoyed by the time taken up to install Updates after a Clean install of windows, Particularly .net updates.
    This vers of windows requires very little in the way of updates, Good Work.
    However there is one ( .net 4.5.1 ) and it takes ages to install.
    So I have been looking for a way of Slipstreaming it , and it becomes very complex particularly because m/s has not released an MSU copy of it.
    However I have noticed after Decompressing the ISO, that there is a folder there Named Net451.
    It contains two files ( Automated-Install-Script.cmd ) and ( NDP451-KB2858728-x86-x64-AllOS-ENU.exe ).
    I can't see any mention in the notes of how to use/apply them.
    If they were put there with the purpose of being applied during the install, that doesn't eventuate.
    Or are they there just for conveniance and ment to be applied after the install.??.
    Any help on this would be appreciated.

2. murphy78

murphy78 MDL DISM Enthusiast

Nov 18, 2012
    You cannot slipstream it.
    You *could* make it automatically install by adding the file and the scripting to the setupcomplete.cmd file, but there's no way to integrate it pre-install.

It actually takes longer to install during setup than it does if you run the file separately after setup finishes.
    I was getting a lot of complaints that setup took too long. Probably from people installing on laptop systems that don't have fast hard drives and don't really use .net programs.

Because of all the various issues, I felt it was better left up to the user to install, which is why I simply left it in the net451 folder with an auto-install script (relic)
    You don't really need the script since there's just one program, but I leave it there in case there are .net updates like there was for 4.5.0

This probably would have been better to pm me or posted in win7 section though, aye?

3. sparks79

sparks79 MDL Novice

Sep 23, 2009
    Thanks very much murphy78 , you have solved my problem .

4. abbodi1406

abbodi1406 MDL KB0000001

Feb 19, 2011
    He can "slipstream" it using WinToolkit Addon :D