Windows 7 Ultimate Update Problem

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by samal_sunil, Oct 9, 2010.

1. samal_sunil

samal_sunil MDL Novice

Oct 9, 2010
    After successful installation of Windows 7 Dream Edition, I used a new OEM activator "Windows 7_ OEM_Activation _Brander_Release_ 1" to activate it and it successfully activate it. Then I use the live update to update win-7 and it download 42 updates but when the pc restart to install the updates then it fails to install the updates.

2. DARKOR04

DARKOR04 MDL Tester/Developer

Jul 5, 2010
    Why don't you use the ISO in the Windows 7 Repository and stop using windows 7 hex-edited, with the original one you don't have such problems. ;)

3. gamepoint

gamepoint MDL Senior Member

Jan 4, 2010
    dream edition? what is that?>
    i suggest you read the windows 7 repository on how to use the original copy from M$ and activate it using Daz's loader..you can find it in MDL application section.I never had a problem with updating including KB971033

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. jbysmith

jbysmith MDL Junior Member

Feb 8, 2008
    Exactly. If you use some third party's bastardized ISO, you're pretty much asking for problems. Snag the real ISO, install Daz, throw on whatever theme makes that a "dream" edition, done.

5. gamepoint

gamepoint MDL Senior Member

Jan 4, 2010
    yeah..and make sure u check the hash first to make sure that it is the clean untouched ISO

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...